Friday, August 29, 2008

ER Trip ~

YEAH! You heard me. We had a VERY nice trip the the St. Joseph's Medical Hospital on Thursday night with the family. Matt and I packed up and headed to the Hospital with little sick Hailey.
She was not the "usual" Hailey that day. She was not into everything, and would just sit on my lap and snuggle. She is usually very go go go, and we were worried about her. We put her to bed and she laid right down, only to wake up a few hours later running a 104 temp! We are currently in Stockton, so we took her to the local hospital because there was no Urgent Care open, and we were seen right away.
While we were waiting to check in, she threw up all the days food onto daddy. That is when I lost it. I was trying not to worry about her, but all the mommy hormones KICKED in, and I began to CRY. I guess it was quite the scene because everyone was staring at us. After we checked in they took us back right away because of the high temp. They checked her out, and decided they would need to run some tests because they were not sure what was wrong.
We had to check her rectal temp at least twice (nothing that Hailey was used too) and they gave her medicine as a suppository and with a dropper to get her temp down.
We waited to see a Dr. and they decided she needed a blood, urine, and an X-Ray test. So we helped the nurse attach a urine bag. I held Hailey as they drew blood from her arm. And Matt got to hold Hailey's hands above her head on this CRAZY baby contraption for the X-Ray's. I was AGAIN crying.
They gave her TWO shots, one in each leg, and we were left to wait for the results. We were at the ER around 11:00 p.m. and we got home just before 4:00 a.m. Needless to say we were exhausted by the time we got home! The next morning we had to go visit our Primary Care Dr. in Sacramento. So Hailey and I made the trip with Matt to Sacramento to make sure things were OK.
Long story short..... I am thankful for the advances that we have today with Medicine and Medical Care. We are SO blessed to have the ability to get help when we need it. Matt and Dad Bird gave Hailey a blessing, and I know that helped her recovery as well. We are all well and Back to Normal Hailey! ~ :)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Poor Hailey, I hope she's doing better now.

Sara Marie said...

Poor little Hailers! She must have been scared. Giver her kisses from auntie sara!

SuzQuez said...

So what did she have?

Susan