Friday, June 24, 2011

SLACKER!!!

MAN I am slacking on the posts this month! AHHHH!~ I have a good excuse though... I have been on VACATION for half of June... :) I promise to step it up and do better AFTER my last vacation in July... PROMISE. SO you have stuff to look forward too!!
Ugh, yeah... so today I spent half of my life CLEANING...
No the house was not a mess... well I guess it was... Anywho...
This CRAZY heat has brought nasty little ANTS back into the neighborhood.
YEAH. My bug guy had just sprayed on Monday, and Wednesday I had to call him back to spray because they were coming in my front door area. My kids found them because they were looking out the front window for Daddy. Sweet little Landon proclaimed "LOOK MOMMY... ANTS..." GREEEEAAAAATTTT... I better call Patrick... (that is my bug guy) We are actually good friends. When we first moved into the house we had to have him come over a few times for problems we were having, I have not seen any ants for like 5 months then BAMMMM hot weather hits and they are back in FULL FORCE... So he comes and sprays Wednesday and I wake up Friday Morning to the ants coming in on the other side of the door...
UGH. Just the sight of these Ants crawling around my front door makes me feel like they are all over me. Patrick left me with a few ant traps (food bait to take back to the nest) and I cleaned up the ant trail and put the bait at the door and have not had any more problems... YET.
ANOTHER Cleaning activity I had to day was because of my wonderful children.
Carpet, Kids and Shredded Cheese DO NOT MIX!!
So after getting the ants under control I look in on the kids in the playroom...
All I see is Happy Smiley Children surrounded by Shredded Cheese... REALLY??
Costco size bag too... UGH! ~
And you can't just use a vacuum and ROLL over shredded cheese on carpet... I had to use the extension cord to my vacuum. I proceeded to vacuum every square inch of that DANG room... 45 minutes of my life I will never get back! Needless to say BOTH kids were on time out and took naps...
CLEANEST PLAYROOM IN THE WORLD!!
I hope the weekend is better...

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

Ants totally suck...my skin is crawling just thinking of it....

Keep the kids out of the cheese, that stuff is expensive! And having food mashed in the carpet is SO not going to help with the ant problem.

Now imagine this...Owen, open pantry door (thanks Kim) and a shaker full of powdered sugar....Need I say more. :)