Friday, December 19, 2008

FRESNO.... HERE WE COME.......

WHAT?? You ask.....YEAH... FRESNO.... here we come! The Birds are on the road back to Fresno!! Long story short.... Matt got a job offer from B.K. Lighting, and we are moving back to where we came from. With this economy, we HAVE to go where the jobs are!

When Matt was laid off in October, we figured we would be ok because we were in Sac Area and he would find a job. Well, little did we know, Fresno had more opprotunities for jobs than Sacramento does.

I bet you are thinking, WHAT THE HECK! You move everything out there and not even a year later you are headed back to where you moved.... Well YES!

And to tell you the truth, this has been SO hard for our family! We lived with my parents for about 6 months, and Matt's parents for about 3 months. I was pregnant, and wanted a place of our own so we got into our rental in mid October. A week after we moved in, he was laid off. But now we have our early Christmas Present!! Matt got a job! YEAH! And if i had to go through a year of moving here and living there for Matt to get a pay raise.... I'll take it! The move to Sacramento was a big jump for us, and with his work experience in Fresno at Pelco, this new company was very interested and excited for Matt to join their team.

We are SO blessed!! I am thankful for ALL your prayers and well wishes! We really are thankful for all we have! ~ We hope all is well, and there is not TOO big of a suprise with this post...

Oh, and FYI... I will be having the baby here, and we are going to move after we find renters to take over our lease here in Elk Grove. Matt starts on Dec. 29th and will be commuting on weekends back to see Hailey and I. Your continued prayers will help as I TRY to handle our little "wild child" being 9 months prego all by myself! Thank Goodness our families are close! ~

Once a Bulldog.... always a Bulldog!!

6 comments:

The Jensens said...

Yay for John and I that you guys are coming back, although I know you and everyone up in that area would like to keep you there.

Oh, we got the house! We close on the 8th so Matt can stay with us after that, if he wants/needs too. Sorry we won't see you tomorrow :0) (Wink*wink).

Unknown said...

Well I'm glad Mat was able to find another job so soon. That is such a wonderful blessing. And you will have to come visit us even if you wont be in the same ward anymore.

Sara Marie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sara Marie said...

I'm so glad Mattie got a good job....but BOOOOO on FRESNO!!!!! You know what this means, I have to get all my Sara/Melissa time in right now!!! I'll come over anytime you want while Matt is down in Fres-town. It was so good to see you two...I mean three...I mean four....last night. I so enjoy our fun chats. I needed some laughs last night and you and Matt can always be counted on for that! I love you dearly, deary!!!

Marc and Stacy said...

I heard you guys were moving back...the exciting thing about this time in our lives is all the changes and our lives being led to where we are supposed to be. This will be an exciting new chapter for you guys. Good luck with the Job, Matt!

Hailey is SO cute!!! Sara told me you are getting close to being ready to have that baby! Good luck! Can't wait to see pictures!

Natalie said...

Hi Melissa!

I'm glad to hear the good news. Good luck with these next few weeks... I know it is tough to have a little toddler and be big and preggo, too!

Love
NATALIE
PS I found your blog via Nichole's.