Wednesday, February 18, 2009

VALENTINES and Fireproof

I love being able to celebrate my "Valentine" but I hate that there is just ONE day out of the year that is meant for this type of celebration of our love....
Sure you have your Anniversarys and Birthdays and other Special Days, but why is there just ONE dedicated Day for "Valentines"...

Matt and I celebrated our Valentine's Day with our children. It was a nice family day, and the weather was perfect for a day out. We played in the back yard with Hailey and Landon, and just laid on the grass and watched the clouds go by.

Matt got me a Gift Certificate to my favorite Nail Salon here in Fresno. I got Matt those pictures in the other post you have seen and a Fresno Coupon Book. We were both VERY happy with our gifts! ~

One of the best things we did this Valentines Weekend was watch a movie called Fireproof. This movie was a straight to DVD movie, and we could tell why. It was a low budget film, and was kinda preachy... but the message it was sending was SO perfect!!

I am not one to usually reccommend "churchy, preachy" movies, but I think EVERY couple should see this movie! It is at Redbox, and I challenge everyone to take the time to see this film and let me know what you think!

Matt and I have had our challenges in the ALMOST 6 years of marriage, and we really were able to appreciate the work it takes to keep a marriage going! Happy Viewing! ~

5 comments:

Sapp Family said...

We watched that movie on Valentine's also. As soon as it started we laughed at the acting and very scripted sounding lines. Now Wyatt likes to say the word "RESPECT" a lot. Thinks he is so funny. Even with all the teasing during the movie I will agree that it was good to watch and worth the time of any married couple.

Bird is the Word said...

respect!!! I don't get no respect!!

AngelaBeth said...

Ooo! Redbox! :) Do you get the text messages for a free rental every Monday?!

Beth Swann said...

Yes, that movie was great. It did go to a theatre in September. But it wasn't there for very long cause I wanted to see it but didn't make it in time. Glad you guys had a nice Valentine's!

Kara said...

My parents saw it in the theater in AZ, but it never came to VA. We got it off Netflix Valentine's weekend and watched it too. Such a fantastic message in the movie...and who doesn't love Kirk Cameron?