Thursday, January 29, 2009

I am having a BAD DAY! ~

These pictures of Hailey seam to say it all! She was upset Wed morning because she was not able to see Little Einsteins upon request to her mother who was on the phone fighting with either our Insurance Company or The Dr's Office..... So this was her attitude at the time, and if there was a camera in my face it would have been a similar look... Now this picture is her just SECONDS after I turned Little Einsteins on... and this is the look that I had today as I finally got everything straightened out with my issue.... see below.....First of all let me just say that I know everyone is a son or daughter of our Heavenly Father and he loves us all very much! I try to be a nice person and have a good attitude about the crap that is tossed my way, but I went CRAZY MOMMY on a few unsuspecting reps on the phone. Imagine that you are in my shoes, you have a crazy (yet adorable) toddler and a NEWBORN at home and you get a call from your Pediatrician that you need to reschedule your apt for that day. Now you have woken up early and you have gotten yourself and your children FED and DRESSED to get out for the day by 10:00.... (yes I know I am supermom... I was ready at 10:00 for a 1:00 apt) back to the story... they call because there is a problem with the Insurance... as in they do not see Landon has any..... Ok, So I am paying LOTS OF MONEY (amount withheld so you do not faint) for Cobra Benefits so I can have this child, and there is not insurance on file for my son whom I just gave birth to......... Now I am crying and let the Dr. Office go because I need to call Insurance Obviously.... So as a side note I had my first baby with Kaiser (OH HOW I MISS KAISER>>> REALLY I DO!!!) and everything is SO easy there, It is a "one stop shop" I can see my Dr. then go to the Pharmacy and get my prescription then go to the Lab and get my work done, then take my daughter to her Pediatrician all at one place! HEAVEN I know.... So needless to say we are NOT currently with Kaiser and I was not aware of the "RULES" as they put them... I guess I screwed things up because I changed my provider to Hills Medical and left Hailey with Sutter Gould... the reason for this was because the Sutter Gould Dr. did not offer Maternity Care, so I switched over to have my Mother In Law be my OBGYN for the Pregnancy, and did not know that means my son would need to be with a Hills Medical Physician for the first month of his little life. Well I thought I would just take him to my current Pediatrician... NOT! I broke the cardinal "RULE" and any visits made outside the Hills Medical Network for my son would not be covered... Now picture me CRYING because I have already taken him to see the Sutter Gould Pediatrician and I am worried that I will be paying A WHOLE LOT MORE MONEY for a stinking check up.... moving forward.... I had to call and get some lady who I do not even know that the Insurance set up as my sons pediatrician to send a referral to a Dr local because they set me up with someone in Stockton for him.... I am in Sacramento and I am NOT traveling with a toddler and a newborn over an hour all by myself THANK YOU VERY MUCH..... so after crying and yelling and then pleading with SOMEONE with Insurance to do SOMETHING because I am going to REALLY loose it if not... I get the supervisor Jessie at ext 27308. Let me tell you I LOVE me some Jessie! Well the Pediatrician for my son would not send a referral because she has not seen him yet, so she was not going to be any help was painting me into a sad corner... then the rep with insurance was going to transfer him to the Dr. I wanted over as of the 1st of Feb (NO I AM NOT PAYING FOR COBRA ANOTHER MONTH IF I DO NOT HAVE TO) Hello... this is me HYPERVENTILATING!! I finally get my beloved Jessie who makes a few calls and figures things out! ~ THANKS JESSIE! ~ I realise this is a VERY random post, and I am SURE i left out details, but the pain in my back is gone now that I was able to get it out!! So to review.... I was upset, now I am not! And my son is being seen by a local Dr. tomorrow and I will NOT be re-newing our Cobra benefits! SARA HELP ME FIND GOOD INSURANCE!

Thank you for letting me spaz out! Anyone who actually read this message is a saint! THANKS! And if anyone needs Jessie's help let me know! ~

4 comments:

Kristen said...

I HATE doctors and insurance companies! Seriously! It seems like every time Eric and I have gone to the doctor since we've been married the insurance has screwed us over on something. We had an insurance scare last week too, and it was not a good day for us either.

I'm glad you got it straightened out though! GREAT job surviving with the 2 kids and no hubby! That has got to be pretty crappy, and I think you are doing a great job! Especially getting the 2 kids ready and you ready by 10! That's more than I can do some days! : ) Hope that lease goes thru fast for you!

Unknown said...

Grrrr I hate insurance companies. But am glad for the insurance when it actually works in your favor

Beth Swann said...

This used to be my daily life when I was a customer service rep. Except, I'd have to go thru it like 60-80 times a day with 60-80 people, the majority of them being senior citizens who don't understand their policy or any of the basic terms you are using. I hated that job and I'm glad you survived it all as the person needing the assistance!

Nathan & Melissa said...

Oh, you poor girl! I'm sorry you had to deal with that. I always call Nate when I'm all flustered like that. He's just better at keeping his head straight. I freak out and become crazy irrational. Hopefully things will brighten up soon for you all. We'll keep you in our prayers. Take care gilrlie!