Monday, January 12, 2009

LANDON DAVID BIRD

He is here! We are SO happy to announce the SAFE and FAST arrival of Landon David Bird....
He is two days old in this picture. Grandma Andersen got him this pacifier, he is our little Prince Charming. I am having a hard time not being able to put bows and clips on his head, so this pacifier is really helping me cope with the "accessories" (or lack thereof) for boys....
He was an active baby in my belly, and this picture shows that he is STILL an active baby!! I could not get him to sit still for any of the pictures.
Hailey LOVES her little brother. She can not yet say his name, but when we ask her where her brother is she points and says "Baby". She is TRYING to be helpful, and is doing very well with our new bundle of joy! (Hailey had just gotten out of the shower, I do usually dress my children in case you were wondering)
This is Hailey holding him for the first time. She likes to pat his head, and give him kisses already. We think she is a proud big sister!~
He has blue eyes, and dark brown hair, this is our best close-up of the little guy.... I love his outfit!!
Matt is excited to have his little boy. This picture is in the hospital the morning after he was born. Matt loves having a boy, it is VERY different than having a girl he said.
And this picture just makes me laugh!! Here are the three "David Alma Bird Family" grandchildren. Rylie, Hailey and Landon Bird. What a blessing!! We hope to get more picture up as they come! ~

Landon was born on Thursday, January 8th 2009. He was 6 lbs. 11oz. and 19 inches long. He was born at 6:39 p.m. at Lodi Memorial Hospital. I was having contractions early Monday morning, and we headed to the hospital (luckily Matt was still at home and not in Fresno at that time) they ended up sending us home because I was not progressing. Matt had to go to work, so I went to stay with my parents in Sacramento just in case I needed help. I continued to have contractions all Monday, but they stopped on Tuesday. They started up again on Thursday afternoon, and by 3:00 p.m. they were 5 minutes apart and not stopping. I called Matt, and he headed for the hospital. (he was in Fresno at his new job ~ he left RIGHT after my call :)) My mom was out shopping so I gave her a call to come home and take me so my little sister Sharon could stay at home with Hailey. We got to the hospital around 5:00 p.m.

I called the hospital on the way and asked for the Anasteseologist (not sure of spelling- you know what I mean) to be there for my epidural, I was VERY sure I wanted it, and wanted to make the hospital aware that I was on my way. When I got there, they checked me and I was 5 centimeters dilated, so they were going to allow it. By the time they got everything going it was too late and I was pushing before any pain medication kicked in. (at this point, I do not recommend going "natural" ask me again in two months or so) He was born 1 hour and 39 painful minutes after we arrived at the hospital, and everything after that is a blur.

We are ALL doing GREAT! ~ Landon had his first check up today, and looks GREAT! Hailey is a great big sister, and enjoying the extra attention she is getting from those visiting. My recovery is going wonderful! That is one good thing about going "all-natural". And Matt is just enjoying the time he has with us before he starts at work again! I hope to keep getting on here and updating pictures, but no promises. I hope you understand. We appreciate all your love and support! ~

7 comments:

Unknown said...

He's beautiful! He looks like Matt. I'm so happy for you guys. Congratulations!!!

David and Jaycee said...

Yeah!!! Soo Cute! Congrats on your cute baby boy! Too bad your last name doesn't start with an "S" then his initials would be LDS...hehe! Anyway, it gets me very excited for our little guy! Cyou soon we hope!

Marc and Stacy said...

Congratulations you guys! Thats so wonderful-and quick! I'm jealous!!!
He's absolutely perfect! :)

Sara Marie said...

Such a perfect little bundle!! I love him! When Ryder saw these pictures (he's on my lap) he said, "I know that baby in the hospital!". haha I think Ryder is going to have a lot of fun teaching Landon all about "guy stuff" as they get older!

You have two kids...what the....

I love you!

Julianna said...

Congratulations!!!

Kristen said...

Congrats! I am so excited for you! WOW - your labor went so fast once you got to the hospital - I guess he was all ready to come out, huh?? I can't believe you did it natural this time - props to you! I sure hope I can have an epidural with mine coming next month.

I'll write more later thru email, but just wanted to say congrats and that he is ADORABLE!!!

Kara said...

I haven't checked your blog for awhile and didn't even know Landon had come! How very exciting for you guys. I know you'll do great with juggling 2 kids now. Congratulations!