Monday, March 16, 2009

HOW lucky! ~

So yesterday was a BEAUTIFUL Sunday, and Matt and I decided we needed to take advantage of this before it gets TOO hot to enjoy! We went on a bike ride after church to the park. It was more of a Stroll-Bike ride....
Matt and Hailey went on a bike ride and I strolled Landon not too far behind. We tried to fit Hailey and Landon in the Bike trailer, but I was not comfortable without Landon being in his car seat, and that was just not going to work, so we have to stroll-bike ride for now...There is a cute little park not too far from our house, and I have taken Hailey there a few times since we have moved here.
I was able to think about HOW lucky we are to be here in Fresno. It feels SO much like home, and I really love being here. All our friends here think we are lying, but really, besides it getting HOT and not cooling off at night, I LOVE everything Fresno has to offer.
Fresno is the perfect distance from Family, not too far, and not too close. I really enjoy the family we have here, they help me forget how much I miss my family between the trips we make to visit them.
Fresno is SUCH a fun College town! We love going to all the Football games and I look forward to going to the Baseball and Basketball and other sporting events Fresno State has to offer.
Fresno is a GREAT place to raise our little family. The church here is strong, and them members are wonderful to us!
AND Fresno is just wonderful! I know where to go to shop and there are 4 Red Robins! I mean WHAT else could you ask for? :)
So after I thought about HOW lucky we are to be here in Fresno, I thought how lucky I am to have my little family. I loved Matt SO much when we got married, and after having two kids with him, I find myself falling in love with him every time he plays with them. There is NOTHING better for me than to see my husband the person I love with all my heart play with our babies! I know that these years with the kids are truly precious, but I have to say as long as I am able to stay with Matt and grow old together I will be happy even after the kids are gone!

I want to challenge all of you to find some time to think of HOW lucky YOU are! ~ You won't regret it! ~

3 comments:

summerk said...

I loved that, Melissa! So glad you are HAPPY!!!!

I loved that park!! I took the kids there all the time! Ooooohhh...

The Jensens said...

I am so glad you are here too :0) I wish we could have come to the park with you guys.

Kristen said...

I totally know what you mean - my heart freakin melts every time Eric plays with Camie or holds Luke. I love it. Great post.