Thursday, March 5, 2009

Landon David Bird Blessing ~

So, have you EVER seen a MORE adorable baby than this.... I mean ALL babies are cute in their own way, but I have always said that baby accessories make a baby SO much cuter! HELLO, Fresno State HERE WE COME! ~
My mother MADE this suit (yes home made suit) for Landon's Blessing, and his Auntie Melissa (Bird-Imel) made the adorable Blanket he is laying on.
Hailey and Landon LOVED having this special day!! This was actually the ONLY picture I have of Hailey smiling the WHOLE day long ....
And of course Matt had to match Landon, so we pulled his FSU tie out for the Big Event.
Here is Grandma and Grandpa Bird with their newest Grand baby! ~
This picture is VERY special! This is the 4 Generations of Bird Men. Grandpa David Alma Bird, Landon David Bird, Matthew David Bird, and Great Grandpa Dee Alma Bird. (hopefully someone else with a camera around got a better picture of this moment...)
Here are my sibs... Tiffany, ME, Nicole, Sharon and Preston. We are missing my sister Crystal, she goes between Nicole and Sharon... WE MISSED YOU CRYSTAL! ~ All of Matt's siblings were able to attend, but for some reason I do not have a picture of them... (melissa do you have a picture??)
And Here is Grandma and Grandpa Andersen with their newest grand baby!!
The Blessing was a cherished event. I cry at almost EVERY baby blessing I have been to, so needless to say I cried for Landon's blessing as well. It is SO beautiful to have my little baby surrounded by the WONDERFUL male influences in his life, and know that they are using their Priesthood to bless my son. Matt gave a wonderful blessing, and I just pray that we can remember this day in our lives forever. I can still remember when Hailey was blessed, and the calm I felt for her life after her blessing. Thank you to all those who were able to attend! We truly appreciate the love you have for our little family. What a precious gift we have been given!

3 comments:

The Jensens said...

That is one of the coolest suits ever. Your Mom rocks!!!!!

I wish we could have been there, it looked like a wonderful day. I am also jealous the you got a blanket from Melissa and yet the blanket I made you has still not made it's way to you!

That's just wrong. Although the blanket Melissa made is awesome :0) I think it's better than mine too!

summerk said...

He is sooooo cute, Melissa!! What a fun day! So... which house did you move into? Mary's house? I am bummed we're not there anymore to be so close to you guys!! That would have been way too much fun!

I'm so glad you guys are doing so well!

Kristen said...

Oh my gosh, I love that little tux! My mother in law is making one for Luke, I'm excited. Looks like you had a fun day with family. That's always the best. : )

Glad you are doing well!!