Friday, April 17, 2009

N.K.O.T.B. ~~~

To those of you un-educated people who do not understand the NKOTB... let me teach you about something WONDERFUL...it stands for New Kids On The Block!! Oh yeah! I loved these guys like 20 years ago... and I am IN LOVE all over again... you think I am kidding huh.... read on~
Imagine you are LUCKY enough to go see your FAVORITE group in concert with your girlfriend... yeah I know... That was the STORY of MY LIFE last night! ~ This is Amalia and myself just before we left my house for our Girls Night Out! ~We meet some girlfriends at The Japanese Kitchen for some GOOD times and some EVEN BETTER FOOD!~ YUMMM!! Amalia got the Fillet Mignon, and I got the Chicken.... they were BOTH wonderful! Note to self... COOK MEAT WITH BUTTER! ~ (right amalia) Here are all the girls we ate with. Amalia and I are in the back. Then there is Courtney, Chantelle, her friend she won tickets and brought (sorry I forgot your name, but you were so adorable) and Carissa.... Dinner was SO much fun, but the REAL action we were looking for was SOON to come...
We made it JUST in time!! As we were sitting down in our NOSE BLEED seats, the Jabbawockeez came out. They were the opening act, and let me tell you they blew it up! Not many people know about these guys. They are a dance crew that won on a show that is on MTV. It is called America's Best Dance Crew, and they were HOT! They wear white masks on their faces, and they can break it down like NONE other! LOVED IT! They rocked the house with lots of new hit songs along with kickin' it old school with MC Hammer, Vanilla Ice, and NKOTB... they also did a tribute to Beyonce with their "Single Ladies" dance! I think they are WONDERFUL! ~ LOVED IT! ~
After their performance, we were preparing for the magic to happen! Amalia and I were just talking about how we were not sure if we were going to cry, get giddy, or what when the boys emerged from their backstage hiding place, and out of NO WHERE this lady came up into the NOSE BLEED section and started handing out tickets to move into the empty seats below! Amalia jumped up and grabbed us two ROCKIN' seats right near the stage! We were SO pumped!!! Yeah, this was them when they first came out! OH YEAH! ~ LOVING MY NKOTB! ~ Amazingly neither one of us cried we just jumped up and down like little school girls and screamed for our crushes!! Here is Donnie singing (not sure what song) With all the boys in the background. Donnie is SO hot right now!! He is my new favorite!! So Amalia will vouge for me, we were SO close when they went to the sides of the stage!! Jordan looked at me, and there was DEFINITE eye contact! Oh yeah, this is me SO giddy about eye contact with Jordan! I think it helped that we were the only white girls in a sea of Asians ( i love Asians, please don't take offense) I just knew we stood out!! Whenever Donnie (my current love intrest), Joey (Amalia's man) or Jordan (my school girl crush) came over to our side we were jumping up and down screaming the lyrics to the song, and LOVIN' that they were interacting with the crowd!! We were THIS close to them girls!! YEAHHH!! Like I said before, when I was younger Jordan was my crush! I still think he is amazing, I mean LOOK at him, this is him singing with his shirt off!! It was VERY convenient that they had a fan blowing his shirt open, I bet he really needed it because it was SO hot up in there! ~:)
This picture reminds me of BACK in the day when they just sat and sang. They are the Mafia Starters of the Boybands!! So N'Sync, Backstreet Boys, and the Jonas Brothers better give them a HUGE THANK YOU! ~ The concert was GREAT! Whenever I go to concerts I always wonder if I am going to enjoy the show! I SURE DID!! They sang EVERY song I wanted to hear, and a few of the new ones that I liked, and now I have to go get the cd!! It really did make my night! And despite my sore throat and tired eyes today... it was TOTALLY worth it! I recommend any of you closet NKOTB Lovers to COME OUT and rejoice in their reunion! Buy a cheap seat and pray for the Upgrade! What a GREAT night! And it was all made possible by Amalia who talked me into going THANKS GIRL, and Matt who watched the kids and supports my NKOTB obsession! ~ THANKS MATTY FOR THE GIRLS NIGHT OUT! I loved it! ~

2 comments:

Unknown said...

wow you guys really were very close. That looked like so much fun. And you guys went to Japanese Kitchen! What a great night.

The Haynies said...

I still cannot believe we got our tickets upgraded!! Life is good.