Monday, May 21, 2012

McDonald's Birthday Review...

OK... so my friends that were invited to the wonderful McDonald's Birthday Party for my daughter KNOW that I was not at all thrilled about having a party there...
Let's just be honest, it was my daughters wish and I went along with it because then I would not have a house to clean after the party...
Can I just tell you I WAS SOOOOOOO wrong!
McDonald's Birthday Parties are THE BEST!!
YES, you read it right. . .
I, Melissa Andersen Bird am admitting of my own free will that I LOVED my daughters Birthday party at our local McDonald's...
Let me tell you WHY...
FIRST, we were given postcard invitations to give out to all the guests. I did have to make a little envelope like thing, but I did not have to buy cards.
NEXT, it was AT McDonald's... not my house. While we were waiting for guests to arrive the kids were playing in the play area having a GRAND ol' time. I had no toys to clean, floors to sweep or mop... we left the mess...They reserved two tables for the party, and we were able to decorate however we wanted. We put up a Happy Birthday Sign and got balloons... nothing big...
ALSO, we were given one McDonald's employee to help with the party. They let us run it however we wished, and got all the food and stuff for us. I was up helping the kids open apple slices and stuff but it was SO much better than doing all the work.
The kids got a regular happy meal, toy and all. Then they got cake and ice cream. YES they provided a cake for the kids!! (I did purchase a Costco Cake because I wanted to make sure we had enough, but it was not needed) AND when they left they all got a goodies bag. It had crayons, mini coloring books, stickers, a puzzle... no joke... AND the price for each kid came out to 5$. I KID YOU NOT!! FIVE DOLLAZ... WHAT? And we let the kids each take a balloon that we had purchased from the DOLLA STORE so what... 6$ per kid... I could not really do that AT HOME...
Did I mention that I did not have to clean up after the kids. OK... I will admit my O.C.D. did kick in and I made sure to clean up our mess but I was not on my hands and feet cleaning the floor or under the tables. Just made it presentable and was ON MY WAY!! 
We were there about 2 hours and I think all the kids had a great time! Hailey STILL talks about her Birthday Party... Oh and she got a special Ronald McDonald Stuffed Toy... (kinda freaky if you ask me) but she loves it!!
We were able to talk with the parents that stayed for the party and that was nice! When I have a party at home I am usually running around making sure to entertain and get everything right... not this time!!
I HIGHLY recommend it!~
 set up and PARTY TIME!!
 ALL the kids at the party...
Gift Bags and TREATS!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY HAILEY!!
5 years old!!

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

I can't believe you started out this post raggin' on the clown! As a former McD's party hostess, I have been hurt to the core. I worked so hard to make those parties awesome...and that cake, it is the boom. As employees, we loved it when someone cancelled or no showed their party because we got to eat their cake since it couldn't be re-refrigerated....I may just need to talk to Steven about throwing a McD's bash, just for the cake :)