Friday, July 20, 2012

I FIXED it! ~

So I had a little predicament...
We bought a new bed... 
This bed is TWO separate Twin XL Mattresses...
So I need TWO twin XL fitted sheets... RIGHT?
But I want ONE Egyptian king flat sheet...
After researching the crap out of it, I realized I would not be able to get nice sheets to do what I wanted to do.... SO....
I bought two Twin XL Sheet sets, and sewed them together...
with help of course!
There is a lady in my ward that offers her house EVERY Thursday Afternoon for people to work on craft projects... She helped me fix my sheet problem!
We cut off the hems on the matching up side. 
I ironed down one side of the sheets with a 1/2" crease.
I inserted the other sheet into the crease and sewed them together.
Then I flipped them apart and sewed up the other side.
It sounds difficult; the only difficult part is figuring out what sheet needed to be put or ironed or cut the right place to it all worked out.
THANKS MICHELLE!
(she is also the helper I had with the YW to make the Personal Progress Books... )

2 comments:

The Jensens said...

Good job! Way to solve the problem :-)

Nichole McGhie said...

way to go Melissa!