Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Trees, Friends, and Stitches . . .

So we moved into our new house right??
We'll it had been vacant for a while so the trees and stuff in the backyard were needing a little help...
There is one tree in particular that needed to be GONE...
There is a tree right in the middle of the back yard that I just did not like so we invited our friend Mike Harden over to help us cut it down.
I decided to invite his whole family over so we could have F.H.E. together and I told them I would do dinner for payment for Mikes LABOR...
So Matt and Mike are outside cutting down the tree and taking the branches out to the street. We were cutting them today because the City of Clovis pick up for big junk was the following day, so this was something we had to do... luckily for us it just happened to be soon after we moved in.
ANYWHO... the kids were in the play room "playing" and Amy Harden and I were in the living room talking and relaxing. I was just starting to think how nice everything was going until Matt walked in the house holding his arm and telling me he needed stitches...
Apparently they were pulling one of the last loads of cut up branches out to the street, and the tarp all the branches were on got caught on something. Matt was walking by the garbage can and grazed his arm on the old Microwave Bracket he had taken down just a few days earlier.
Now I LOVE my husband so please don't take me as being insensitive, but I told him to sit down and I would clean it up and bandage it up for him.
After seeing the cut I was a little worried about how deep it was, yet I hesitate to take him to Urgent Care because I felt they would just bandage it up as well and then send us a $50.00 bill for a band aid... after alot of conversation about how deep the cut was and if he should go to Urgent Care or not, I headed out the door to take him while Amy who had come over to relax with me watched 5 kids while Mike continued to take care of the tree mess.
We went to Walgreen's Pharmacy because we needed butterfly band aids and had the pharmacist look at it to see if it needed stitches. She said it was borderline, so we decided to head to Urgent Care. But not before I grabbed a few Hot and Ready Pizza's for our FHE.
So I dropped Matt off at Urgent Care, got him some pizza then headed home to relieve my friends. We had a nice dinner and we were waiting for Matt to call us to come and get him. Almost three hours later I got the call. He had to get a tetanus shot and get the cut soaked in some kind of cleansing wash. Then 15 stitches later he was home. Poor Guy. I hate being an insensitive wife, but it seamed like such a little thing to me. His Dr. told him to let his wife know you can't just butterfly that up. I guess the whole Urgent Care office joked about it too.
I forgot to get before and after shots of the accident. And frankly it was a little too nasty even for me to see so this is what it looks like today...
A Perfect Little Cut JUST in time for Halloween... too bad his costume does not need it . . .

No comments: