Monday, March 7, 2011

FOOD FOOD FOOD...

I know all I talk about on my blog is FOOD... and the other thing I talk about is wanting to loose those last few lbs... anyhow... I must eat and this last weekend was a REAL treat! I got to have dinner with three of my FAVORITE peps!!
Friday Night we had the Cutts family over. Brent and Amalia have been our friends almost all of our married lives. They were on of the couples we both clicked well with in one of our first wards here in Fresno. We are glad we keep in touch even though our lives are opposite and both so crazy! Amalia is going to school to be a teacher, and Brent is busy working. We invited them to our house and I made Baked Ziti... it was GREAT! The Cutts brought the sides and we skipped dessert... can you believe it? I am skipping dessert... yeah me!!
THEN on Saturday after hitting up the Fresno Garden and Home show AND a baptism we went to RED ROBIN with our new friends the Fields. We meet this couple in our new ward, and they are AMAZING! We seem to meet eye to eye with them, and enjoy our banter. They are used to crazy kids so they fit in perfectly for a dinner out date!! They are expecting their first baby in September and we are so happy for them to join the club! :) I had the Red Robin Fries for DAYS and ate my whole burger... yeah, that is how I roll!! BUT I skipped any dessert again...
THEN on Sunday after church we had out friends the Bakers over. We became friends with this couple when we moved back to Fresno right after Landon was born. They are an adorable little family and they have a little girl who is almost three months old... it was neat because they were commenting that they have been our friends since Landon was the same age as their daughter... NEAT! We had Crock pot Lasagna and it was FAB!! They brought the sides again and it was SO nice!! We watched a movie, and The Amazing Race together... we love them!! AND this momma got to hold a little baby to help me with my "I need another baby" ideas and get me back on track... haha.
It sure is nice to have good friends new and old to hang out with and get to know better. I sure am glad with the friendships we have made, and I enjoy more than ever being able to entertain in my new house! :) How blessed we are!!

No comments: