Thursday, April 14, 2011

BLUE bathroom and GREEN laundry room...

Picking out Paint for your house can be a CRAZY ordeal...
The color you pick could end up being too light, or too dark, or too electric...
That is why I decided to search out my colors first before I hit up Sherwin Williams for them.
I LOVE Sherwin Williams paint. All the paint in the house is from there. Yes it is a bit more pricey, but the results are SO worth the price...
ANYWHO...
Lets get to the pictures...

FIRST the Laundry Room Before...
Add Tile Flooring, Baseboards, Paint and a little signage and we are in Business...
NOW
The Master Bathroom Before...
 notice all the GOLD accents...
 YEAH, those were the first things to go!!
NOW the AFTER pictures...
 Add Tile Flooring, Baseboards, paint, new light fixtures, new SILVER hardware,
accents and pictures and it is a totally new bathroom...
 I was going for the "RELAX" feeling in this bathroom.
 Blue walls with Black and White accents.
I LOVED the canvas pictures I found.
 And the shower curtain, and jewelry holders.
The only thing left for this bathroom is to find something to go on that ledge below...
WHAT TO DO OH WHAT TO DO??
LOVIN' my peek-a-boo toilet!!
 And my FAVORITE accent of all "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time"
Remember that!!
And to some this may seem silly, but I had to highlight my new light fixtures...
had to go online for this one. LOVIN' the SEVEN bulbs!!
And this little "boob light" (that is what I call them) makes me SO happy.
You see; the previous light there took like a MINUTE to turn on. Now this one comes on the second I hit the switch! LOVE IT!!
Now I just need to find some "relaxing" sayings I can get vinyl onto the wall...
Any Sayings YOU like? Help a sista out!
I want one for right above the shower, and one for the wall with the boat picture.

9 comments:

Natalie said...

Love it! I know I've said this before, but you have the same house plan as my grandma and so it is so funny for me to see "her" house, updated! (Hers is still all white with the gold accents....) Love the "Wasted" sign.

Grandma Honey said...

I love what you did! That blue and black together looks so CLASSY. Wherever did you find that laundry sign? Love that too!

Kara said...

Favorite thing in both rooms: black and white damask shower curtain- so cute! Don't you just love updated rooms? Makes everything feel so fresh and clean. Glad you chucked the gold and welcomed the brushed nickel- (who on earth uses the term brushed nickel? Oh wait, someone who's RENO'ed their entire house in the last 2 years:). Good work you two!

Bird is the Word said...

THANKS Ladies! I got the Laundry sign at Big Hat Days! :)

Kassie said...

I call them boob lights too! Too funny! Everything looks great!

Lindsey and Jared said...

It looks awesome Melissa, Good work! :)

Lauren Green said...

Your laundry room is adorable and your bathroom belongs in a magazine! I love it! Nicely done :)

Kyra said...

What's the name of the blue color? I just googled "black and blue bathroom" and got your post and I LOVE IT!!!

Shanna said...

Where did you get the shower curtain? I love it!! Great job on the whole bathroom. A million times better!