Saturday, April 16, 2011

I wanted to remember....

I wanted to remember this so I decided I better put it up on my Blog. The last few days have been VERY... Ugh... Interesting I guess. Not horrible, not great, but interesting days.
Most of you know that I am a mother to a two year old and a three year old (she is almost four... MAY) ANYWHO... Friday is my clean day right? WRONG... not this Friday. I have to get my little girl ready for Preschool. I went to get the packet and I am OVERWHELMED at all the crap I have to get done. REALLY? FOR PRESCHOOL YOU NEED ALL THIS STUFF... anyways that is another post.
So one of the things I need to get is a TB Skin Test done on Hailey. So I call up my Dr. and schedule an apt. to get that out of the way. We get two loads of laundry in the wash and head to the Dr's. Now this is no small task for any mother... RIGHT MOM'S? I have to load up the kids, drive there, park, and walk both kids to the Pediatrician's Office. We get there and Landon remembers last time he was there he got shots, so he is crying. Hailey has not had to get shots for a while so she could care less. That is until the Dr. comes in with a needle in his hand...
Imagine this. Here I am... little old me holding Chubby Chubby choo choo on one hip. THEN holding sweet girl with the other arm while the Dr. gives her the shot... yeah. That was awesome. We hit up the potty get back in the car and head for home. I get the kids in the house and I am starting another round of laundry and I hear Hailey screaming "Mommy Mommy... It's STUCK! Mommy Mommy HELP ME!"
This is somewhat of a usual occurrence. She gets toys stuck under her bed and so I run into her room asking her what is stuck.
She points to her nose... yeah you heard me her nose...
And she screams "My flower mommy, it's STUCK."
Apparently someone was testing out the boundaries of her nose. I chuckle a little bit because I remember this SAME thing happening to one of my sisters and my mom telling her "We don't put buttons up our nose!"
I take her to my bathroom and calm her down and pull out my handy dandy tweezers and take care of business. After I got it out Hailey tells me "You did it Mommy! I am all better." gives me a hug and walks away like noting had just happened...
like TWO seconds later the phone rings, I am thinking this is my husband because lets face it. No one but him or my mother calls me on the home phone. ANYWAYS... no. It is the receptionist at the Dr.'s Office. She tells me that they might have mixed a few things up.
She then asks me "Did the school tell me I needed to get a TB Skin Test done on Hailey??"
I say YES.
She says "Oh, OK. I thought so. Well the Dr. just heard she was going to school and so he checked her immunizations and saw she was short on one and that is what he gave her earlier... are you able to bring her back in to get that TB Skin Test done today, or would you like to re-schedule that for another day..."
I say "Oh bring the crybaby's back for round two... sure let me try."
Now I am not one of THOSE MOTHERS who lies to her kids about getting shots. So I talk to Hailey and ask her if we can go back to see the Dr. again today so he can give you more medicine to help you stay strong. (sure I say it is medicine, but in a way it really is)
After a brief negotiation we are back in the car on our way.
To make a LONG story short. We get there. I force both kids back in there. Landon is OK, because the Dr. is leaving him alone, but I am comforting Hailey the whole time. She calms down until the Dr. and the needle show up again. Poor Landon is sitting on the chair watching me hold Hailey. Now you can't move when you get the TB Skin Test so yeah, we had to get TWO shots done because she moved.
We get out of there only to be back MONDAY to have the Dr. look at the area to inspect for TB I guess... and we are on our way to TACO BELL...
Lunch. YES. I pull up and the drive thru line is WAY too long so I thing I am brave and take both kids in. BAD IDEA. Another long story short... I had to pack up our table and carry two kids out to the car tears running down ALL OUR FACES because there was not a booth available. Thank you random people I appreciate the looks you give me... and I know what you are thinking... you must not have any kids...
We all cry the whole way home. We eat, and my motivation for CLEAN day is gone. I put Landon down for his nap and I lay on the couch and turn on Netflix.
After Hailey finishes eating she comes in and lays down by me. We both fall asleep until Daddy calls to see how our day was. He first called on the cell phone and I ignored it because I WAS SLEEPING, then he called on the home phone and leaves a message "BIRD, get the phone... I have a question for you..."
UGH...
I roll out of the couch and answer it. He asks me some dumb question and I tell him about my horrible day...
Then Hailey pees on the couch. TWO cushions... I guess I better wash them all...
Matt gets home and gets me out of my funk.
We go to the dollar store for car wash, and we grab a Pizza for dinner and take the kids to the park. Sitting back watching them slide and run around made me feel a little better. We talk about camping in the backyard with the kids and we get home and put up the tent. I clean up the rest of the messes from the day and I try to get some sleep.
About 3 am rolls around and I head inside for my bed. I hate sleeping on the ground! How about you?
Everyone else joins me at about 6 am. We sleep a little longer and hit up the donut place for breakfast. THAT was nice...
Head home... get the cars washed, inside and out. And Matt pulls out the boat to spring clean it.
As I type Matt is STILL working on the boat. Apparently he thinks some of the wood has rotted where our back platform screws in. We did take a short break to hit up Costco for some groceries and gas I'll give him that, but I remember telling him to not worry about that now, I am too tired... so when he decided to worry about it and not about me... I sent both kids out there crying. And that is my story and I am sticking to it...

No comments: