Wednesday, January 18, 2012

CRUISE PLANNING

We set up all our documents for the cruise today... it seams more real to me than EVER...
Usually when we book a cruise it is months off; so I have to WAIT like forever to go. But this time I have less than a month to prepare... getting excited about it!~

We have been telling the kids about "Going on a Big Boat" for about a week now. Landon is BEYOND excited about it and everyday asks daddy to show him pictures of it. Matt will get out my NOOK (LOVE THAT THING; and love just saying "NOOK") and let him scroll through the pictures. We have showed the kids a few videos of the "Big Boat" and Hailey says she does not want to go because "I am scared, and I don't want to go down the big slide!" YES, the ship has slides on the top and we are STOKED about it; until we learned Landon was to small to go on it... well see how this goes down. Hailey who is tall enough could care less about going but shortie Lando wants to go so bad it hurts!!~~ HAHA!~

I am VERY thankful we are able to do wonderful things like this as a family. I completely "get it" how lucky we are that we get to enjoy things like this. I also KNOW we can do things like this because we had set ourselves up right. We don't go out to eat much, we don't waste money, we live on a budget, we save, I shop on clearance racks and buy generic brands, we work hard for our money. We make our money work for us... so we can enjoy little vacations and things like this.
If there is anything I have learned from my husband it is this; You have to ENJOY life while you are living it. And sometimes you have to spend money to do that. 
And what my husband has learned from me is this; You only buy things if you have the money for it. We don't put things on a Credit Card to pay off later; we pay everything in full at the end of the month. And if we don't have the money for something... we don't buy it!
I have to admit I learned what I know from my parents. We were never BIG SPENDERS, we always lived within our means. I swear I life a much fuller and richer life by doing this. Sorry about my RANDOM RANT... I feel like some "haters" around us think we get everything in life handed to us...
ANYWHO... This is me excited about going on our Family Cruise!~ :) AND at the same time PRAYING that this does not happen...
  

1 comment:

The Jensens said...

You guys will be fine and have fun on the cruise! I don't know if you'll want to go on the slide anyways...it will probably be too cold! I admire you for how good you are managing money! Go girl :-)

P.S. When we went on our cruise, we were on the same boat that caught fire at the same time the previous year...and we were fine!