Friday, November 21, 2008

Change ~

There is SO much talk about CHANGE latley, that I thought I might share a big Change in the Matthew Bird Family....
At the end of October Matt was laid-off from his job. When you are the first guy in, you are usually they first guy out. Unfortunatly with the turn in the economy, Capital Steel Products lost a few Big Accounts, and so they had to loose a few good workers.
Matt and I have been on "damage control" the last month, and we really feel like our prayers will be answered. It has been a tough transition, but I know this "change" in our lives is needed. I actually did a post recently after he was laid off, and just left it as a draft. It helped me get my frusturations out, and I am glad I did not post it. Nothing wrong with it, just more personal feelings that I wanted to keep to myself.
We are doing well, still living in Elk Grove. Friends and Family that know of our situation have been so supportive, we are lucky to be where we are. This would be harder if we were still in Fresno so far from family.
Prayers our way are greatly appreciated... we are just looking forward to the next change when Matt gets a job offer and where that will lead us. ~

3 comments:

Ally said...

So sorry to hear that. But your attitude is admirable.

Our hope and prayers are with you that he'll be able to find a good job, soon!

We love you, and we're thinking about you. :-)

((((HUGS))))

Unknown said...

I'm sorry to hear that. I know that that isn't fun. It took Bryce 10 months before he got the job he has how and it's a horrible job so he's still looking. Keep optimistic.

The Hanks Family said...

hey guys... Sorry to hear, but I know that feeling. We miss you guys and our prayers are with you.