Friday, November 21, 2008

Enrichment Night

Matt and I have been in our new ward ALMOST a month, and I am really trying to get to know other people in the ward. It is hard because our first two weeks we were chasing after Hailey and trying to figure out where to go... now she is Nursery age, and we are just trying to get her to stay in there....

Anyways ~ the second week there, I was looking through the Relief Society Book, and I noticed they were having a Thanksgiving-Christmas Themed Enrichment Night. I LOVE Enrichment, so I signed up to host a table. I think they were very surprised that a new young sister in the ward would offer to sign up, but HELLO I am near my mother, and she is AMAZING at decorating and stuff! In fact I KNOW she LOVES doing these types of things, so when I called her to help me we were both looking forward to it!


We decided to decorate for Christmas, and it was such a nice night. My mom as always pulled off the most perfect table, and I got MANY compliments that night. THANKS MOM! ~ I always told them my mother helped me....


It was a nice dinner and dessert thing, and my mother and little sister joined me there. The food was GREAT, and the dessert was even better! ~ This is a picture of a cheesecake that had ADORABLE little mice on it! I am going to get the recipe so we can all enjoy this cake! ~


I am thankful for the church and the great programs they have for us to enjoy!!

No comments: