Monday, June 29, 2009

Sad Day..... kinda....

It was a normal Sunday... we woke up, had a good breakfast, and sat and talked. Then we had to start our preparations for the FIFA Confederation Cup. Brazil vs. U.S. VERY EXCITING time in my life. (I am sure it was an exciting time for Team U.S. as well, but I have been thinking about this game ALL week... well since wed) The U.S. Men's Soccer Team has been in mine and Hailey's Nightly Prayers for some time now. Matt just laughs as I pray for them to have the strength to play a good game. I never asked for them to win, so I guess I asked for what happened....

The first Half was GREAT! U.S. told Brazil they were there to play with the TWO goals they scored!! At the half Matt and I scrambled to get out the door to church because I was SURE they would loose if I did not go to church...
Here is a report from The Wall Street Journal Daily Blog
Halftime: We made it to halftime. The U.S. have been nearly flawless. Two goals and a tough defense are reasons to celebrate. But they are playing Brazil and just as easily as they scored twice, Brazil can hang three on them. I can only imagine what the mood is in the American locker room. Probably like that feeling you get after asking a girl out on a date: confidence that she said yes, but petrified that you’ll screw it up.

And THAT my friends is the STORY of my life. As Matt and I sat in Sacrament meeting I had a bad feeling in the pit of my stomach. I think Matt could tell and he looked at me and said "They won... I feel it!!" But for some reason I did not believe him! I continued my regular church day teaching my Primary Kids, and talking to my girlfriends about my Obsession that they all laughed about...I am sure they were thinking I am silly for being so worried, but this was a big deal for me!! It was a big deal for the U.S....

Well. Brazil did come back. They scored THREE goals the second half. They killed me. I hate Fabiano. (he scored two of the three) But just like the lesson I had in Relief Society today... Get over it and Move on with Life!! So I must!! And here is another piece of the Wall Street Journal Blog, my personal favorite;

27th Minute: GOAL!!! 2-0 to the U.S. on a Donovan strike! Brazil took a short corner and were sloppy with their passes. Donovan intercepted it and sprinted the field, ditching the ball to Davies, who then set up Donovan on a give-and-go. Donovan cut to his left in the Brazil box and then spanked the ball past Cesar with his left foot.
SPANK it Donovan! Spank that ball!!

So Matt decided to have a few friends over, and after everyone showed up, I felt ALOT better and forgot about my sad day... THANKS to those of you who came! It was fun!! We need to play Battle of the Sexes again for SURE! ~

No comments: