Tuesday, January 25, 2011

GRANDMA AND GRANDPA...

Hailey had been saying she wanted to see her Grandma and Grandpa ever since she got to open her present from them on Christmas. We have been trying to stick it out here on the weekends to get her used to going to Primary, so we just told her we would go soon...
Well, to be honest... MOMMY needed a break, and DADDY wanted to go snowboarding, so we called off our "Get Hailey Used To Primary Stand" and packed up the car and headed for a quick little trip. I LOVE these trips. I get SO much help from my parents and siblings with the kids, it is relaxing. AND I get wife points for letting my hubby go snowboarding with my little brother... WIN WIN!!!
This trip was special because we got to celebrate Landon's Birthday with them too. We meet them on our drive up at Red Robin in Elk Grove. RED ROBIN.... YUMMMMMMM!!! Have I told you all how much I love Red Robin before??
Landon got to open a few presents that were not there for his birthday... he got a Toy Story Lunchbox from his auntie Sharon; 2 cute summer outfits, balls, and Juicy Juice toys from the Richardson's. The balls were ALL over the place at the restaurant, he LOVES to throw! And the picture below shows you that he loves his lunchbox right??...
YES, this is him sleeping in the playroom holding his Toy Story Lunchbox while he was "watching" what else... Toy Story 3 after lunch. Did you notice he also has on a Toy Story Shirt? haha! This little kid makes me laugh on a daily basis!
After dinner we shopped a little and headed home to sleep up! Of course I stayed up watching NONSENSE shows with my little sister... this time Sharon introduced me to "The Baggage Show" I doubt that is the name of the show, but whatever. There are 3 contestants trying to win a date with another contestant of the opposite sex. They have three suitcases with 'baggage' in them... Jerry Springer was the host. As funny as it was, it was still S.T.U.P.I.D...
We woke up the next morning left the boys with the kids and went shopping. FUN! I love shopping with my mom. She cracks me up... Thank You Target Slurpee for helping us make it through the day... we had to be home by 2:00 pm for Matt and Preston to go Night Snowboarding at Boreal, and we were a little late... We got home and they were in the car ready to go and the kids were helping grandpa with yard work. They LOVE to be outside, they played in the front, then the backyard, then they talked me into taking them to the park...FUN! Fort Natomas is just down the street from my parents house, and it is a neat new park. In fact my Dad helped build it so he could take his grand kids there to enjoy it and tell them about how he had helped make the playground. (Don't you just LOVE Dads!)
(Fort Natomas Playground)
After the playground we went home and chilled. Everyone got home safe and sound from their activities and we went to church on Sunday. After spending more time after church and eating some FAB cake we headed to the other Grandparents house for dinner and family fun. We got to see Matt's brothers. It is nice to be able to catch up every once and a while. I saw my little niece Rylie who is GROWING like a WEED! We ate dinner, let the kids play for a little bit, then headed home. Besides the CRAZY FOG we had on the way home, the WHOLE trip was very fun and rewarding. Now I just need to remember to take picture the next time we go for a visit! OH how I LOVE MY FAMILY! :)

No comments: