Monday, September 12, 2011

Ironic ~

Isn't almost everything Ironic??
I am at a point in my life where it feels like things are ironic YET they are SO what you would expect to happen...
I have learned that in my teenage years... I was RETARDED!! Almost literally because you do not have the brain power to even begin to understand the results of your actions during the teenage years.
I have also learned that when I was 21 and newly married... I was just figuring out REAL life. I thought High School had prepared me for my "future" but getting married and leaving 'the nest' for good is what really started preparing me for my future.
And the things I have learned in the last few years have been astonishingly... Ugh NICE. I learned about being prepared and being humbled by the loss of my husbands job... twice. I learned that being a stay at home mother was truly harder than any other job I have ever had. I learned that real friends care about you and what is going on and do not put you down for being YOU...
ALL these HARD life lessons that I have learned recently have brought me to my knees, but not because it is too much; because I am grateful for the things I have.
I find myself in a constant state of contentment.
No I do not have everything I have ever wanted...
NO my life is not perfect, but I do not sit back and expect it to be perfect anymore.
I expect there to be bumps in the road. And now when I hit them I try not to cry; rather learn from what that "experimental bump" is trying to teach me. Oh Yeah, I am STILL going to cry over things. I am still going to blame things on something irrelevant like so many of us do... but at least now after I get over my "poor me pity party" I am going to try to see the light at the end of the tunnel.
I think I used to sit and wait for someone to pull me close enough to the end of that tunnel...
I am glad I am learning and letting go. Glad that my mistakes are MINE, and I can and will learn from them. Glad that I have the wonderful family and friends that love me for who I am and what I bring to the table. I am not perfect and I don't plan on ever being perfect... that would be boring ~ I am glad I have my life! Ironic that a stay at home mother of two could be so happy and content ~ Right? :) What is your irony??

1 comment:

Lindsey and Jared said...

What a sweet post! You are so awesome :) Sometimes I wish that I could have your perspective of things...so many times I get caught up in the things that I am missing, that I forgot to look at all of the things I have!

Here's an irony for you. I NEVER wanted to have kids. Ever. I don't know what it is, but it just didn't interest me. I wanted to work; I get a lot of fulfillment from it. Then I got married and my heart became softened. After having Christian I would give up EVERYTHING, I mean eat top ramen every day, if it meant that I could stay at home with him. Funny how things change, huh?

Love you!