Tuesday, September 13, 2011

UPDATE ~ Random~ness !

So that post I did about my Dyson on Friday... yeah... my husband fixed it the very same day and I was able to FULLY clean house! MAN I am lucky I married an engineer. Not that all engineers can do everything ~ but MY man almost can...

I am SO excited because I am "babysitting" for my friend again. I watch a little boy near Landon's age, about two-three times a week. It helps her out because her son HATES the daycare she usually takes him too, AND my kids get so happy when I say "Ganny Goo Is coming over today to play!" (his name is Gannon) The money I make my husband lets me spend ANY WAY I PLEASE!! NICE! It makes me want to have more "girls trips" and such!!

Hailey is REALLY enjoying Pre-School and Ballet! We are into week THREE... and when I drop her off she walks right in ready to go, and when I picked her up today she was ready to go without any fits or crying... SUCCESS!!! She is a little emotional (many of you would think she gets this from me, but I am sure she gets it from daddy) so sometimes when I pick her up she cries just because she sees me. Then other times she is having a fit about wanting to take something home from that day, or that she does not want to leave. I think today may have been the first GOOD drop off and pick up thus far...

I watched that show John & Kate Plus 8, which turned into Kate Plus 8... Ugh YEAH, I know she looks REAL crazy; but to be completely honest I TOTALLY get why she is the way she is. I just love hearing all these people WITHOUT kids or with one or two kids judge her... HELLO she has TWINS and SEXTUPLETS... if someone followed you around with a camera you would look crazy psycho too!! In fact if someone followed me around now with just my two I would look like a nutcase on MANY an occasion. She is doing a dang good job.... yeah she should treat her friends and those who help her with a little more respect and love. And she was mean to her husband but are we all perfect wives all the time?? NO ~ Glad the reality show is over. I hope she is able to provide for the kids in another way...

Which leads me to something I have been thinking about for a while. Isn't it interesting that the "RUDE" people in our life are constantly complaining about EVERYONE else and not taking a step back to look at themselves in a mirror? I have to look myself in the mirror MORE often than I want and I am constantly telling myself that "You need to calm down your behavior; many people can't deal well with someone who is so "OUT THERE" and does not have a problem stating their opinions." I know I stick my foot in my mouth quite often, but I never truly say the things I say to hurt people (OK, maybe some people...) Anyways... what I mean is; do rude people really expect "US" to be nice to them all the time?? If all they are filtering out in the world is negativity... why would "WE" give them pats on the back and compassion? I know life is hard, and sometimes it sucks, but REALLY the world does not revolve around YOU... (YES that last rant is dedicated to certain people, and if you feel like it is dedicated to you... go look in the mirror... LOL)

So that CITI card I kept open because they refused to close it and offered to credit my account the annual fee... yeah, so I got the $85.00 annual fee credit, and I went to the grocery store and got myself an $85.00 gift card. When I called to close it today I spoke with Randy. I explained that two months ago I called to close the card because I am not using it, then the representative offered to credit my card the annual fee and said "You can take your husband and those sweet kids in the background out to eat on us, and as long as you close it before October you will not have to pay anything." Yeah, I continued to tell him I did not want to take money from the credit card company and I just really wanted to close my card. So when Randy heard the whole story he laughed and said "Well Mrs. Bird I hope you enjoyed your dinner out with the husband; your closing statement will come within a week." I was baffled, I told him, I actually got a grocery gift card and had not spent any of the money because I was worried it was not really mine... Randy assured me that it was mine and that the longer they keep "good customers cards open" the better. He was sorry to see us go, but understands we do not need the card. REALLY? So yeah... I have an $85.00 grocery card... Thanks Citi Card.... I guess...

I taught the 8-9 year old class in church this last week for a friend. I love those kids. At this age they are fun to tease yet they totally listen to you! The boys were told if they talk out of turn I am going to kiss them on the hand for the first offense, on the cheek for the second... and because I was a married woman on the third offence I was going to get their mother to kiss them on the lips... needless to say there was NO kissing and NO talking out from the boys... and they listened to the lesson...success!!

We went to JIP (John's Incredible Pizza) last night for FHE with our friends the Hardens. We love this place because the kids sit and eat pizza quietly while watching cartoons and the adults get to enjoy a night out without whiny kids... that is until you go to play games and we tell them we are done and it is time to leave. We usually eat, play, then get dessert and go home... Hailey did pretty well through all of this until we go to the door to leave. They have balloons RIGHT before you leave to buy for $1.00. and almost EVERY TIME one of the kids NEEDS a balloon. Well Hailey NEEDED a balloon... so she threw a fit when we went to the car and went back and sat by the side of the building. Well, being the AMAZING mother I am; I decided she needed a little reality check. As she sat there pouting and telling me she was not getting in the car I said FINE. I got in the car and DROVE OFF... (Matt had his car there too, AND he was around the corner hiding to help with this reality check) the look on her face was priceless. As I pulled out of the parking space She stood up. As I started going forward her mouth dropped. As I turned the corner tears filled her eyes and she began to RUN in the direction I had left in which was also headed to the area Matt was hiding watching her from. She ran SO fast ~ Obviously I stopped as I turned the corner and waited for her. Poor thing... she got the picture for sure. I was feeling bad about giving her the reality check until today when I was going to take her to Pre-School she was taking her sweet time and I said "BYE I am leaving"... she was in the car quicker than I could get in the car... PROGRESS!!

Landon is starting to say prayers. "Tank fir day. Bess food. Bess daddy at work, mommy home. Jesus Christ. Amen" It is a work in progress...

Thanks... you are a true friend if you read all this none-sense... LOVE YA!~



2 comments:

The Jensens said...

I'm so excited that Hailey had a good drop off/pick up today! Yay for progress!!

I can't believe you drove away without Hailey (I totally understand why you did it), hopefully it works :-)

I totally hope I'm not one of those negative people in your life LOL.

Lindsey and Jared said...

I LOVED this. I need to do more posts like this...where I just talk about all the crazy stuff that happens every day :)

First of all, rude people, I have decided, are just really unhappy people. I pay them no mind, and you shouldn't either! Happy people would never spend all their time putting others down and complaining.

I LOVE that you left Hailey. Not because I glory when little kids are sad, but just that you had the guts to do it. I am already dreading having to punish my little chunk-a-munk. Oh, and kissing as a punishment for little boys....GENIUS. Consider that idea stolen ;)

Love ya girl! When will you be up for a football game? We wanna come :)