Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Grandma Andersen and the GREEN LANTERN CAKE...

My mother has NO problem doing whatever her grandchildren want to do...
In my opinion she spoils the grand kids ROTTEN; but there are NO complaints here. My kids LOVE her and always ask when she is going to come to visit us on the train or when we are going to go to see her and Papa (and Sharon and Preston of course)
I was able to leave a day early to spend some time with my family before the Bird-Lamb Wedding. I left Thursday Night after I attended our Relief Society Meeting and got to my parents around 11 p.m. that night. The kids were asleep when we got there so I just put them on Sharon's Bed and hung out before we all fell asleep. The next morning the kids woke up SO happy to be at Grandma's House!!
We decided that we wanted Pancakes and Eggs; so Sharon and I were in the kitchen making that. The kids were in the front room with Grandma who was researching the Green Lantern for her ETSY shop... check it out... ANYWHO
She came across a Green Lantern cake and called Landon to show him. He BEAMED seeing this cake and decided then and there he needed a Green Lantern cake. He came in to tell me, and I told him "Sorry Baby, Mommy won't make a Green Lantern Cake." Grandma came in and let little Landon know SHE would help him make a Green Lantern Cake for sure...
So while we cooked Breakfast, Grandma and Landon started making dessert...
 My mom being the very resourceful person she is decided to just make the cake green... 
so she made her Pistachio Bunt Cake with Pistachio Frosting...
(As you can see Landon did not want me taking his picture above)
But he had NO problem taking the picture with the finished Product!! We had the cake for dessert that night and it was SOOOOO good! Luckily this will only be a cake we make at Grandma's house because I do not own a Bunt Cake Pan...
Thanks GRANDMA!! He is still talking about his Green Lantern Cake... YOU ARE THE BEST!!

No comments: