Tuesday, August 4, 2009

FLIP OUT ~

So I promised to get a picture up of my hair " flipped out" on my blog for those asking so .... here it is. This picture was taken last night before I headed out the door for my cousins Jewelry Party. It is not often that I get to dress up anymore, so I had fun last night. I was able to feed Landon just before I left so I could get out of the house without him attached to me. (I mean that literally... if you know what I mean) I usually have to take him wherever I go, so this was nice. Daddy loves having the kids, but really looks forward to me getting home.

After I got home from the party I had to run to return our Redbox movies. After I did that little task I realized that I was in the car ALONE! No Kids... are you kidding me... So I took the opportunity to look at some fabrics and price them out for the future Relief Society Project we are doing. (We are making covers for our Relief Society Manuals... If you Gettysburg Ladies are at all interested in this let me know... I think it will be fun! I can get you in contact with people for all the info... It will be Wed. Night Aug. 12th at the Dehmel house) Anywho...

So I was on my quest for some cute fabric... I was looking for something black and white and maybe a little red or pink. I was totally in my own world because I was not having to constantly look at my cart to see if Hailey was still there, or if Landon was ok (oh how I love shopping alone...) and out of the blue this very nice mother asked me " Which Fabrics do you think go better together?" So I asked her what she was making, and she let me know that she was making PJ's for her little girls that were there at the store with her. She was worried that one of the fabrics looked "too old" for her daughter, and I gave her my opinion. I then let the girls know they were very lucky they had a mom who let them pick out fabrics and make things for them. When I was younger my mom would do the same thing with us girls. I loved it! After our short conversation, I walked away in search of the PERFECT fabric. I has just rounded the corner when I heard one of the little girls say to her mother " That lady is very pretty." to which her mother responded "Yes she was, and she was nice too." The little girl agreed, and I have to tell you it REALLY made my day. Not because I am VAIN and I want everyone to think I am pretty, but because I think we all need these reminders...

Reminders from friends, family, even strangers that we are "pretty" or "nice" because really, WE ALL ARE! When people can say nice things about another person, it makes BOTH the parties involved feel good. The person saying the nice thing obviously has a benefit because they are helping another along the way, and the person on the receiving end may have just needed that comment because they have been working out like crazy to get into those pants, and it sure is nice that someone noticed...

I recently realized that I DO NOT have the time, patience, or stain remover to wear my nice clothes everyday. I do dress up for church, but that is limited to my skirts and dresses. In my previous life I was a banker at Wells Fargo, and I have LOTS of nice business attire that has since retired... I now realize that I need to take time and look nice when I go out. No, I am not going to wear my business suits for Playdates at the Park, (hehe that might actually be fun) but I am not going to let those pretty clothes be in retirement anymore. Thank you little girl for being so sweet to someone who needed that comment! You really made my day!

3 comments:

AngelaBeth said...

What a smart and nice little girl! Also.. that outfit is HOT!

Julianna said...

What a sweet little girl!
and I'm glad you got away for a bit. Yay for daddy bird!

LIZ said...

You still got it mama!