Monday, September 21, 2009

Simpson Wedding ~

My Girlfriend Sara Marie got married this last weekend. When she told me she was engaged I was SO happy for her! She had a wedding to throw together VERY quick, so I offered My help as well as my Mother's help. The cake below is what we produced after HOURS of hard work. My mother made all the Wedding Cakes so far for her married children. She is amazing at what she can do, so I thought it would be an easy way we could help make Sara's Wedding Planning a little bit easier... Little did I know how much work a Wedding Cake is! (Not that I thought it was going to be easy, but I had NO idea how much work went into making a cake!!) I spent a majority of the day Friday working on the cake... I think I went to sleep around 3 am...It turned out beautiful, and I was amazed at what I was able to accomplish (with alot of help from my mother). My dad made a comment about us going into the Cake Making Business, and I think we both Laughed!! Sara is lucky I love her, anyone else and I would have given up!! HAHA! Here I am cutting the cake at the reception. It was a carrot cake, with vanilla frosting, and then rolled Fondant on the top with Polka Dots ALL OVER. I now know how to make a cake in the future... if I ever decide that is something I want to do again...
Here is Landon playing in the grass at the reception site. He just got his hair cut, but you can't really tell by this picture... it spikes up! :)
And here is Hailey... she was all over the place from what I hear. Playing in Rocks...
Pouting on the grass hill...
And running all over too... That is my little girl! Always on the GO! ~
And this is my friend Sara Marie Simpson. Another thing my mother did was add these sleves to her sleveless wedding dress... watch out Martha Stewart!! Her husband Scott was SO sweet at the wedding! I thought Sara was going to make me cry, but seeing Scott get teary eyed is what got me going. There is almost nothing sweeter than a grown man crying at the sight of his beautiful bride!
And here are the six Bridesmaids! Half of these girls have literally GROWN UP with Sara! She and I became friends while I was going to college before I meet Matt. We have some FUN stories about the crazy things we used to do! ~ (Top row: Chelsea, Kendra, and Stacey. Bottom row: Me, Kim and Becky)
And here we are trying to get a flower to stay in her hair! What should have been a quick thing, turned into a nightmare! HAHA! Good times!
Being at another Wedding makes me remember the day I got Married, and how lucky I am to be married to my Best Friend. I do not say it enough, but I am SO lucky that Matt loves me! I think we are the only two people in the world that can put up with each other! ~ I am so Happy Sara can have someone to love her too! Congrats Mr. & Mrs. Simpson! ~

1 comment:

Kristen said...

That cake is gorgeous!! Can't believe you & your mom did it, you guys are way talented! So nice of you to help your friend out in so many ways... it is SO fun to be at weddings to remember our special wedding day, too.