Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mothers Day!!

Dear Lord, it's such a hectic day,
With little time to stop and pray.
For life's been anything but calm,
Since you called on me to be a mom.
Running errands, matching socks,
Building dreams with building blocks.
Cooking, cleaning, and finding shoes,
And other stuff that children lose.
Fitting lids on bottled bugs,
Wiping tears and giving hugs.
A stack of last weeks mail to read,
So where's the quiet time I need?
Yet when I steal a minute, Lord,
Just at the sink or ironing board.
To ask the blessings of your grace,
I see then, in my small one's face.
That you have blessed me all the while,
And I stop to kiss that precious smile.
- Anonymous


I wanted to wish a VERY HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY to all those wonderful women in my life! I am thankful for your LOVE, Support, and Helpful Hints to mothering. It is not an easy thing, but it is worth it.

Now to my DEAR Mother...
Words can not really express the gratitude I have for you.
Most of your life has been given to "raising children", and we all know how easy a life that can be!
RIGHT?
As I tend to my children DAY IN and DAY OUT, I often think to myself
"How did she do it?"
Obviously, I am learning how you did it... although I would rather poke my eyes out with a fork on most days with the kids... and I only have TWO. You raised SIX of us, and for the record we all turned out OK. No one in Jail, No one on drugs, No one in desperate need... all semi-normal children learning and living semi-normal lives. We are all Happy most of the time, and the only thing I can attribute back to that is that you were a wonderful mother. WE had wonderful parents who cared about us. WE were lucky.
I thank you for showing me how to cook, clean, sew, love, learn... your life lessons have made me the mother and wife I am today. And although I am not perfect, I am Happy. Thank You for all the sleepless nights you spent on me as a child and also the sleepless nights I gave you as a teen. Thank you for support and love only a mother could give to a child like me. I promise all your hard work is paying off. I just pray that my children will love me as much as I love you. Thank You for all you have done and all the things you will continue to do for me and my little family.
I Love You! ~ Melissa

1 comment:

Lindsey and Jared said...

What a beautiful tribute Melissa! I am so happy to call you my friend and for all of YOUR love and advice as I start on this path of becoming a mom!
XOXO