Monday, May 16, 2011

WEEKEND FUN!!

This last weekend was a GREAT one.
Filled with Friends and Family and LOTS to do!!
Friday Early Evening Matt and Landon headed up to the Father-Son Camp out for our old ward Gettysburg. I think it is actually called the "Priesthood Commemoration Camp out" but I call it Father-Son. Matt enjoys camping and I enjoyed him going camping without me having to go. (Don't get me wrong I LOVE spending time with my boys... but this mommy does not love camping...)
 So I had planned a FUN FILLED Girls Night for Hailey and I. I was talking with my girlfriend about it and she said "That sounds like fun!" Since her hubby was going camping too I invited her and a few other friends last minute to join us. FIRST we hit up RED ROBIN for some dinner! YUMMY! THEN we headed to the local Nail Salon in the Sierra Vista Mall for some MAJOR Pampering!!
Mommy Megan and Mommy Amy
(see her sweet baby sitting on her lap getting her nails done... SO CUTE)
 Mommy Lauren waiting to get her Manicure and Reagan (Megan's Daughter) letting her nails and toes dry.
(Many of you may remember Mommy Lauren has a little baby,
she got the night off HOLLA GRANDMA BRAUN!!)
 The lady that came to do Hailey's nails asked me if she could sit in her own chair. I told her I was not sure she would sit still, but she had a little talk with Hailey about "If you sit still I will make your toes beautiful." So believe it or not this girl SAT STILL the whole time she got her TOES and FINGERS painted...
 She even helped a little with the prep... buffing her toes...
 And she picked out her own color... GREEN.
"My favorite color" she told me.
 I wanted to change her mind, but I decided to go with it.
And she got polka dots on them too...
 HOW CUTE IS THAT?? SO CUTE!!
Then we went shopping a little bit and just enjoyed the night. I let Hailey pick out a toy and told her if she would be a "good girl" while Mommy shopped she could get it. These days happen FEW and FAR BETWEEN when I let her pick a toy if she is good. And for the most part she was. No running away from me, no hiding in the racks, when I called her she would say "I am right here Mommy." So she got her precious toy! (it totally helped that it was clearanced down to $4.95) Mommy got a dress and we were ALL happy! Then we headed home to hang out and chit chat with our friends. It was a FUN FILLED night! Hailey LOVES to talk about getting her nails done.
SATURDAY comes and is the LONGEST DAY EVER!! Matt decided this was the weekend he was going to put in the Whole House Fan. We both grew up with one at home and knew we really wanted to get one for our house. We just did not want to pay to have it installed, so after researching online and asking co-workers and stuff Matt felt SOMEWHAT prepared to take this task on... WITH help.
Our DEAR friends the Hardens loaned Daddy Mike out for practically the whole day. I did not want the kids in the way while this construction was going on so I took them on a bike ride to see the other part of the DEAR HARDEN family... Mommy Amy and the kiddos. We played at the park, played at home, walked to the store to get ice cream, played at the park again, played on the trampoline and ate pizza... MAN we tried wasting ALL THE TIME we could to get the boys time to put in the newest member to our family...
AND there he is... I think I will call him WINDY...
I name important things in my life...
WINDY and I will be BEST FRIENDS...
And just so you get a better perspective of where WINDY is...
this is the view from my living room down the hall...
 And not only did they install the Whole House Fan but instead of just putting a GAY PULL STRING on the thing to turn it on and off, they RAN electrical wires through the wall and gave me these pretty switches. One is for HIGH and LOW and the other is a timer... LOVE IT!!
NOW to put the 6 ceiling fans we just got into all the rooms... summer stay away a little longer until I get my new fans up!! So needless to say it was a BUSY weekend!!

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

It's a shame you live so stinkin' far away...Steven could get those fans up and going in no time! Nice little Windy...on my to-do list.

Lindsey and Jared said...

Oh my gosh! Those pictures from the salon are seriously adorable! I LOVE her polka dots. I am glad you had such an awesome weekend :)