Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Good Days ~

Too often we forget about all the "Good Day's" we have in life . . .
Too often we look back and remember all the BAD things that happened . . .
I am HAPPY to announce that Yesterday (and hopefully today) was a "Good Day"!!
It was a good day for MANY reasons . . .
~ I got my HOME back to myself, it is hard having your husband home during the day with kids and trying to schedule things. I know it is OUR home, but during the day I enjoy it being mine . . . other Stay At Home Mothers who have had a husband home for whatever reason would agree with me.
~ It was our SEVENTH wedding anniversary. I thought ALL day about what I could do to show Matt I loved him. I ended up mowing the front and back lawn and weeding to have him come home to a pretty yard. He has always said he LOVES when the outside looks nice, so I thought that would be a little something I could do. (easier said than done with two little ones at my heals) Matt called up our friends Spencer and Lauren Baker and had them watch the kids. He took me to one of my favorite place's The Cheesecake Factory, and after dinner instead of paying $7-$8 for a piece of Cheesecake, we went to Costco and got a WHOLE Cheesecake to share with our babysitters. ANYONE LOCAL NEED A PIECE OF CHEESECAKE COME ON OVER!! It was a very low key evening, and it was perfect. We held hands and talked to each other at dinner... Perfection!!
~ It was Matt's First Day on the new job. He came home with a GLOW... You know how they say pregnant women glow, we'll I now say accomplished men glow too!! I  can tell he is really excited to work with the new people he has meet. He talked alot about the nice people at work. It was funny that one of the first things he said was "I have my own office!" It sure is going to be a WONDERFUL work environment. He works from 6:00 am to 2:30 pm. WHAT are we going to do with all that time after work?? (I told him during the Holiday season I might try to get a job at The Children's Place so I can spend the whole paycheck at that store! He did not like that idea HA HA) Anyways . . . he is excited to learn and work. In fact the company is having a Picnic BBQ on the 14th that we are already looking forward too! We feel very blessed that they choose to hire Matt for this great position.
~ The Kids were SOOOOO sweet in the morning. I often tease Hailey and ask her for "A BIG WET ONE" and she gives me a kiss. When I did that today Landon was near. After he saw Hailey give me a kiss, he walked up to me, pulled out his passy, really gave me a wet one, put the passy back in his mouth and walked away. I almost cried. It was SOOOO cute and sweet of my little man. The rest of the day is another story with him, poor boy has allergies and wanted to be held ALL DAY LONG!!
~ We only had ONE Potty Accident and it was because I forgot to take Hailey while we were mowing the lawn. I have said before that I want her potty trained before her 3rd birthday. I really hope it works out that way. I feel like we are SOOOO close!
I am VERY thankful for the wonderful things happening in Our Life. I am also very thankful that I have been blessed with a "cup half full" outlook on life as well. It really helps me be able to look back and see the GOOD DAYS more often than not! I pray you all have the GOOD DAYS in your lives too!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

It does sound like you had a very nice day. You also gave me an idea where to take my mom tonight for dinner.

Lindsey and Jared said...

Oh my gosh, sounds like a great day! Congrats again on 7 years! Oh, and I have been meaning to write you back...I will be there toward the end of June and we HAVE to get together!

Kristen said...

I LOVE the cheesecake factory!! SUCH good food there. Yeah, I got so used to Eric working every day except Sunday selling, that is was kinda weird this past winter when he was home on Saturdays, too. Totally threw off my schedule. It if was every day, it would probably drive me (and him) nuts! I'm glad you survived for how long you did! SOOO glad he is at a job now, what a blessing for you guys for so many reasons. : )