Thursday, May 20, 2010

Quick Trip

We went on a QUICK trip to Sacramento to see Family and Friends.
My Friend Sara Marie Simpson just had her second baby, and she was going to be in town, so I KNEW I needed to visit!! I drove up with the kids Monday morning and drove home Wednesday night.
We stayed with my parents, and enjoyed it VERY much. The kids are SO spoiled by both of their grandparents, they do not know how lucky they are.
Would you believe I did not take a single picture the whole time I was there? HAHA!
Monday we just relaxed and hung out. Tuesday we went SHOPPING and I scored at The Children's Place and Carters Outlet. I LOVE getting good quality clothes cheaper than what I buy them for at Target or Walmart! The Sales were CALLING my name!! It was while we were shopping I got to catch up with Sara and her little man. We were going to try to meet her at the zoo, but with naps and kids it just did not happen, so I was VERY thankful she came shopping.
When did it get so hard to connect with old friends? The main purpose of the trip was to see Sara and I spent maybe half and hour with her. She was sweet and offered for me to meet up with her and other girlfriends for dinner, but I did not want to take up their "Sara" time. It might have been easier if I had Matt with me, but he was not able to go. Marriage, Kids, Schedules, Naps . . . they pull friends apart, but I am thankful that I know we are still friends despite the quick visit! There is nothing like seeing an old friend after 9 months and feeling like it has only been a day! I got my hug and my look at the baby, that was all I needed! Wednesday we made Bonbons and did a little more shopping before I had to head to Stockton for the kids to see their other grandparents and then heading home.
Like I said before, It sure was a nice quick trip! I also got to see a girlfriend from High School. She has a son a few weeks older than Landon, and it was fun to see her too. It makes me VERY excited to go to my High School Reunion next month . . . Oh how time flies!



1 comment:

Lindsey and Jared said...

Yay! Welcome back! I am glad you had a good time :) When is your reunion? I can't believe you've been out of school for 10 years already. CRAZY