Thursday, November 4, 2010

BIG NEWS

Our Family if officially all together again...
The Boat is in the garage.
I know, I know... is this REALLY Big News you are asking yourself...
Well, do you know what it takes to get a boat in a garage??
First, it would not fit through the third car garage door opening,
 (which is where we want it to be)
so we had to figure out how to get it in the garage, then move it over.
So we had to get 4 dollies for 4 wheels on the trailer...
Next, we had to get the trailer hitch set up so the brake lines could disconnect...
 Then I had to take the Rubber Band off my wallet to pay for these things...
why are you laughing??
So Matt backed the boat into the double garage door, then we put the dollies on the wheels, disconnected the brake lines and took off the front hitch. We then pushed the sucker over to that side of the garage. Not too hard, but not something we want to do for the rest of our lives either...
If we had the money to pave the side yard we would have not had to go through all this hassle, but that is our next big house project. We are hoping to have the money saved up by next spring!
So a few hundred dollars later we are all one big happy family,
all together again under one roof.
Can I just say I am SO glad my husband is an Engineer...
 Hailey is ready for next boat season.
When Matt got home with the boat and opened the front door she said
 "Oh, Daddy Look... It's my boat!" She knows what is up!!
And Landon is wondering who wants to go tubing with him...
 If these kids only knew how lucky they are...
Matt and I sure know!

No comments: