Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Helping out at Grandma & Grandpa's

Hailey wanted to help rake up the leafs so she could jump into a BIG leaf pile while we were at my parents house. 
 She enjoyed the helping part, but she REALLY enjoyed the jumping in part!
Here she is helping grandma rake in the garden area...
 She loves to be a big helper. She really can be helpful at times!
I remember doing this when I lived in Oklahoma in our backyard. Watching your kids enjoy things you once enjoyed as a kid sure is a treat.
On our drive home Matt and I were talking about "US" as parents wanting to do nice things for our kids, and "US" realizing that all our parents wanted to do was nice things for us. Then we came to the conclusion that we as kids just needed to do good things for them to have an excuse to do nice things for us. I sure hope our kids do good things so we can have an excuse to spoil them!!! I hope they give us MANY opportunities to do nice things for them ~

2 comments:

Kristen said...

Camie is a great helper, too. Sometimes she wants to help with EVERYTHING... which means Luke wants to help, too. Which makes it take 4 times as long to do.

But I guess that is okay, right? Cute pictures.

Lindsey and Jared said...

Oh my gosh Melissa, these pictures are adorable! :)