Wednesday, November 24, 2010

The First Thanksgiving ~

Sorry, this is not a post on the Pilgrims and Indians... this is a post about MY first Thanksgiving Day...
As in I am going to be making my very first Thanksgiving Meal ALL BY MYSELF...
Some of you are probably wondering WHY I have not done my own Thanksgiving Spread in the past. Thanks to parents being SO close we have always been covered when it came to Thanksgiving Dinner. Matt and I decided a few years back once we get OUR HOUSE that we are going to celebrate the Holidays HERE. We are SO glad to have a home and our little Family, and that is what I am MOST Thankful for this year. So here is what we will be celebrating with...
 Turkey ~ I opted to cook it in the oven after a conversation I had with a very nice African American couple at Win Co... as long as I put enough butter and baste that baby I will be fine they said...
 Stuffing ~ Matt requested his mothers recipe... I hope it tastes as good as when she makes it!!
 Mashed Potatoes and Gravy ~ Thank goodness I have made THIS one before!
 Green Bean Casserole ~ I hear I can not really mess this one up...
 Yams ~ my mom makes the BEST yams. And I did not get canned yams... I am making them from SCRATCH! AHHHHH...
 Sparkling Cider ~ Martinelli's to be exact... yeah I got a 4 pack!!
Rolls ~ I have seen my mom make them for years... hopefully that helps... AHHHH
 Strawberry Pretzel Jello ~ Have you HAD this?? Google it. Make it. Then THANK me later...
Apple Pie ~ And to END our Feast Matt requested Apple Pie with Vanilla Ice Cream... I can do that too. So there is a little hope we will have some food on the table!
I LOVE Thanksgiving. Family. Fun. Love.
I am excited to have my first Thanksgiving at our new home.
(PLEASE PRAY FOR ME TOMORROW!!!)

1 comment:

Natalie said...

GOOD LUCK! I did that last year and it totally wiped me out. I was so tired once we sat down to dinner that I ate a few bites and then laid on the couch. But then again, I was pregnant! Hope you have a good experience, the rolls are the best part of Thanksgiving, in my opinion. :)