Saturday, December 25, 2010

Merry Christmas ~

Sure today is great because we all get to open presents from family and friends...
I get to enjoy watching my kids open presents and get excited basking in the glory of Christmas...
But when I sit back and think about Christmas ONE word comes to mind...
CHRIST.

You know I am Mormon right?
I belong to the church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints... I know who I am... I know God's Plan... I'll follow him in Faith... (that is part of a Primary song that the young children learn at church, and it is really is the true foundation for them to build on)

I can't help but think about ALL the things our Father in Heaven and his son Jesus Christ has done for US... not just me... US.
Heavenly Father watched his son DIE on a cross for OUR sins...
Christ took ALL OUR PAIN, ALL OUR HURT upon himself...
Who can do that?
He bled from every pore in Gethsemane while praying to our Father in Heaven regarding US.

I KNOW who I am, and the things I have done. And for Jesus Christ to take upon himself ALL MY SINS just seams too much for me to personally handle. So today I am making sure to keep Christ in my thoughts. Whenever a cashier would tell me "Happy Holidays" I would reply "MERRY CHRISTMAS"
Let's not forget who we are celebrating this Season. Christ. His birth, his life, his love. So as I open my presents this year, I will remember the best gift I have ever been given was the gift Jesus Christ gave me many years ago when he made it possible for me to return to my Heavenly Father one day.
I am forever in debt to him for his gracious gift.
MERRY CHRISTMAS!!

No comments: