Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Tear

Do you know the feeling when you have just cried SO Much you can't cry anymore?? Or you have cried for so long you now have a headache? Or you have been crying about something for so many days that the tears just roll down you face at any moment of the day?
We'll the last couple of days have been like that for me. Not only am I crying because we are dealing with "Family Issues" (and that is all I am going to say, I will let you know later what the issue is... possibly) but I am sick and my nose is stuffy and my head is congested. Add marathon crying into that and I am One Hot Mess... The Issue has made me think more about what I am doing everyday...

Am I telling my husband I love him when he comes home?
Am I playing with my kids and getting enough TIME with them?
Am I the kind of person I would want to be when I am standing in front of my judgement?
Does it REALLY matter if I get my TO DO list done??

Sure the little things matter, but I need to make sure the PRIORITY I have on what the little things are is correct. Like me taking the time to let Hailey help me cook, that is a little thing that counts. Playing with Landon and his new Train Table saying "Choo Choo" with him... that counts. But it will not matter if I had the most spotless house, or put on the fakest display of "everything is perfect in Bird Land" no... that stuff will not matter... So I decide to do the little things that matter MORE, and the things that don't LESS. And I decided I need to have a good CRYING FEST whenever I see that I need one...
Crying is a natural thing. It is something I do not have a problem with. I am thankful that our Father in Heaven has given us this tool for coping with hard times.
Thank you all for your love and support. I appreciate all the little things you do for me everyday!! And I hope all your "Cry Fests" are as wonderfully helpful as mine are for me!

1 comment:

SuzQuez said...

I read a book that said tears for different reasons have a different chemical compound. Isn't that cool. Cry all you want, Babe!

Read Elder Uchtdorf's October 2010 conf talk, p. 19 Nov Ensign.

Take a little while for YOURSELF. Enjoy nature or something. Lock yourself in a bathroom and enjoy a hot fudge sundae.