Sunday, May 3, 2009

All you need is LOVE ~

I have been married for SIX years! YEP! Matt and I are getting OLD! Time sure does FLY by when you are having fun! I thought it would be fun to post some pictures from our Wedding Day. We were married for Time and Eternity on May 3rd 2003. I woke up that morning to rain... I was SO worried about our pictures, and my hair, but as we walked out of the temple, the rain cleared, and it was beautiful!! These pictures have not been touched up, that is really how it looked that day at the Oakland Temple.....
And in celebration of our SIX YEARS accomplishment.... the Six Things I love about my Husband Matty ~
1. He LOVES being a father. He comes home from work and plays with the kids (almost)everyday. There is NOTHING better in the world than to see your Husband holding your baby and the baby just smiling away.....
2. He fights fair with me. In the first years we were ALWAYS fighting about something... We still fight but not as often, but when we fight we learned to fight fair. I laugh when couples say they do not fight... yeah right...
3. He honors his Priesthood. Matt has always been able to give me a blessing or our babies a blessing at a moments notice. There sure is PURE beauty in a Real Man who honors something so sacred. I am SO lucky that he has always strived to be a worthy Priesthood Holder.
4. He brings out the best in me. I used to have Girlfriends who were able to bring out the FUN side of me.... after dating Matt for a little while, he was able to bring out a side of me I never knew. He loves me for who I am, not what others might want me to be. He can make (convince) me to do things I never would have done ~ and I am thankful later because I gain a stronger sense of who I am through his loving pushes!

5. He works VERY hard to provide for his family. It feels like we have been on a roller coaster the last two years with moving and jobs and such. We have had our ups and downs, but I know that there is NOTHING Matt won't do to provide for his family. I am also very lucky that he had the willpower to Graduate from College. We both knew that Matt needed "higher education" for us to be able to live comfortably in the future. I sure am glad we worked so hard the first years of marriage for that to get accomplished!! ( We are now in negotiations with each other about Matt going back for his Masters... not sure if I want to be a member of the Single Mother's Club quite yet...)
6. And last but not least.... I love him because he is Matt! Anyone who is able to get to know my husband would agree that he is a fun person to be around. He is the life of a party, and knows how to have fun. He has my family laughing all the time, and is always game for a good time! We have fun where ever we go!! I tease him often about the silly things he does, but I really love him for all those silly things!
I love you Matthew David Bird! My Prince Charming HAS come!!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

awwww, you guys look so cute! I love your photos. Congratulations.

Kristen said...

I just love wedding pictures! You can always tell just how happy everyone is in their wedding pictures.

It really is the best to see the hubby playing with the kids, nothing like it!!

6 years down, eternity to go!

Anonymous said...

How sweet! Just remember all these things whenever he makes you mad. Love you guys!

Bird is the Word said...

Thanks for the reminder Richardsons... we fight fair at least right???