Friday, May 29, 2009

Ode to my TRACTOR .....

No, I am not a Redneck Fresno Hillbilly with an ACTUAL Tractor, but I do have this nifty difty little guy.... he is called THE TRACTOR..... he waters my lawn, and I love him!! Look at him spread the water out! My Grandpa Smith had one of these he would turn on at their house when I was younger... actually I am pretty sure he STILL has it. I loved it then, and I love it EVEN more now that I have one!! If you don't have sprinklers... I recommend this sucker! ~ Here are some pictures of what is happening in my backyard.... Hailey was too close to the Tractor when I turned it on, that is why she has this glazed over look on her face....
And here she is ANNOYED at me for wanting to get a picture of her with her Bubble Gun.... can you tell she is in the "Terrible TWO'S" stage??
And here is Happy go Lucky Landon! He is such a sweetie! He likes to sit in the swing while I water the garden... which by the way is not looking to shabby.....
Here is one of my Strawberry plants. Hailey likes to eat the strawberries whenever one is ripe, so here is a flower that she has yet to get to.... oh but she will eat you one day.....
Here is ONE of the SEVEN Watermelon mounds we planted. Six have survived, and I look forward to seeing them grow.... I need to go and buy one because I am DYING for some nice cold Watermelon right now...
And I have THREE tomatoes on one of my plants.... can't wait for them to be ready!!
My Bell Pepper plants are getting going too... Matt is happy for that! ~ Look at my little white flower buds!!
And last but not least..... my onion sprouts!! They are surrounded by weeds because we thought they would never grow, so we just watered the area and let it go. And yeah for patience....
We love having a backyard to enjoy! The kids REALLY love to be outside. In fact, we enjoyed last night being outside with all the CRAZY Thunderstorms!! The Cutts came over to let us borrow Band Of Brothers, and when we were walking them out we saw the beautiful Pink Sky and the Thunder. It is VERY different seeing this on county land because there are no street lights. We watched for about 5 minutes, and then went inside. A little later the Thunderstorms got closer and the walls started to shake. Hailey RAN into our room, and we said a little prayer that we would be ok. Fresno weather SURE has been crazy lately HUH??

3 comments:

Unknown said...

your garden is looking great.

Dehmel's said...

We are jealous of your watermelon, none of ours grew. It realy is fun having a backyard you can enjoy with kids, I'm happy for you to have that right now. The storm was awesome, cool, and a bit scarry at times when the thunder rattled the windows.

Kristen said...

Yeah for fresh veggies! They taste so much better than store-bought!! Great job keeping your little garden growing and thriving!