Monday, May 11, 2009

Mother's Day 2009 ~


It was a nice weekend. A weekend I got to contemplate MOTHERHOOD. I am SO blessed to be able to be a mother, and to be surrounded by wonderful women. I think every woman is beautiful, and has the "motherly instinct". My Instinct just did not kick in until I had little ones to care for. This Mother's Day I tried to be thankful for my Kids and the Joy they bring my life. So often I find myself frustrated at the things Hailey is doing, or annoyed at how much of MY time is taken to tend to Landon's needs. I get this overwhelming feeling to just give up and lay on the floor and cry about how MY life has changed.... then reality kicks in and I tell myself... This is what you wanted!!
And Then I remind myself the the Good things TOTALLY outweigh the Bad. As much as Hailey is a CRAZY little monster... she runs up to me and hugs me. She tells me that she loves me, and her little smile warms my heart. And Landon is my giggly little sweetheart, and his happy go lucky demeanor rubs off on me. I am not a perfect mother, but as long as I am STILL trying I am doing my part!!
This Mother's Day is all about FEET!! I got to go on Saturday and get a (very much needed) pedicure, and ANY Jessica Simpson Shoes I wanted... I could buy! (one pair) YEAH! ~ But I think my favorite present was the cards Matt got for me from my children. He wrote in each card what he felt our kids would want to tell me, and he arranged to get their Foot Prints placed inside the cards for me to remember how sweet and small they were forever. I am SO blessed!! I need these new white pumps.... don't you think??

1 comment:

The Hanks Family said...

Talk about rocking it!!! Matt went over the top! Yea for husbands.