Friday, May 8, 2009

Hot Date Anyone??

Matt and I were so blessed to be able to Celebrate our SIX Year Anniversary together. I was talking with my neighbor Beth Swann about how we had not celebrated yet, and she offered to talk to her Hubby Kevin about watching our kids for a night. They GRACIOUSLY offered to watch the kids on a Friday Night for us to get out on the town... we were SO excited, and we started planning our escape....
First I thought we should go out to eat and hit up a movie. Then Matt and I realized we would not be able to spend time TALKING to each other if we did that, so we opted for something we could do together that would not involve chit-chat and fun. Can you guess what we did??
YEP! Miniature Golf!! We have a Family Fun Center just down the street called Blackbeard's Family Fun Center. We planned to hit up the Ice Cream Shoppe afterwards too.
Matt was calling his "guy" friends to see if they wanted to enjoy an Early Morning Boat Ride the next day, and we happened across our good friends Brent and Amalia Cutts while they were out to eat. We let them know we were KID FREE for the night, and told them we were headed for Blackbeard's. They are always up for a good time, so we decided to have a Hot Double Date! ~ I have to tell you, we get a little rowdy when we get together, and we had a BLAST! It has been a long time since Matt and I have done anything fun like this without the kiddies in tow!
We have alot of NEW Inside Jokes, and I can honestly say it was a good time had by all!!
I am grateful to the Swann's for watching our Babies, and the Cutt's for reminding us what life was like before the kids were here. It was a neat feeling to tell my husband I actually forgot we had kids for just a few hours. THANKS to all those Involved!! And Brent and Amalia.... I say we MULLET this one for sure!! HAHA