Sunday, February 21, 2010

COULD YOU HAVE EVEN GUESSED THIS....

So after making a big deal about practically LIVING at Kaiser this last week...
We got home from church today; I was stirring the crock pot, and Matt was putting our bags on the table. I hear a crazy crying and then a THUMP...
I turn around to find Landon laying face forward in the middle of the floor with nothing around him... what could have happened... Hailey is NO WHERE in sight to have caused this...
As I walk over to him Matt is picking him up and all I see is BLOOD... EVERYWHERE...
(the first thought to cross my mind is UGH ... REALLY... we are all in our nice church clothes... and I JUST did laundry...)
He bit through his upper lip and the blood was non-stop... Matt and I are both in shock. We are trying to strip the nice clothes off the kid, and calm him down and assess the damage. I freak out because I think he has bitten through his upper lip and hit tooth is stuck... I can't really see because blood is just all over the place...
We jump back in the car and rush over to the Clovis Kaiser only to learn that they do not provide Emergency Medical Care... that would have been nice to know earlier... no wonder there were no cars in the parking lot!
We are already out of the car because Landon was not having it being in the car seat. He just wanted someone to hold him. Matt and I are looking at each other like "WHAT DO WE DO NOW??" I hate feeling helpless... especially when it is my kid that needs me to help them! Matt grabs his paci and while I am holding him looking around like What Now He falls asleep on me...
Did this kid who just bit his lip just fall asleep??
We wipe up the blood a little more... the kitchen cloth I grabbed to used is no longer white... it is now full of blood. Matt looks in his mouth again because the bleeding is slowing to see if we can figure out if this is really serious, or just going to have to heal on it's own.
You know when you go to the Dr. and you pay the co-pay and they tell you... Oh we'll just wait and see... YEAH I saw that scenario happening here. We decide to go home, and luckily the kid stayed asleep and we were able to see that it was not all the way through like we thought. It was pretty deep, but not all the way through. After calling the call center to confirm my fears, if the bleeding has stopped and the kid is sleeping and it was not all the way through the skin we are good to go. Just watch him extra close she said... PHEW!
I mean we did take another trip to the Hospital, so that my friends is trip number THREE for this week. I only have two kids... how does this happen??
Prayers that we will not need Kaiser's services anytime soon would be GREATLY appreciated! ;)

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

You should have just called your wickedly awesome, medically-trained older sister who would have told you her son (Owen the crazy climber) did the same thing. Only he climbed up on our bar stool and knocked it over. He however did bite through his bottom lip and got linoleum burn on his chin. Luckily mouth wounds heal quickly. And kids are pretty tough.