Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Dear Nicholas Sparks,

So, I was just wondering if you saw the new Movie that came out in theatres this last week Dear John. The reason I ask is because you wrote the book that the movie was based on. I hope you did because Mr. Sparks you need to retract your book ending. I have some sweet friends who talked me into reading your books. This book was my first read. I have to tell you I did not want to put the book down. Of course it helped that I was imagining Channing Tatum as the lead character because he plays him in the movie, but that is besides the point. The book was SO easy to read, and I felt like I was IN the book... you know, Like I was Savannah, and Channing... I mean John Tyree was in love with me. I was really enjoying the story until BAM... the end... I thought someone had pulled out my heart and stomped ALL over it.
ARE YOU KIDDING ME??

Really, you thought that was a good ending? You thought I wanted THAT to be my life... you thought all your readers would ENJOY that ending... REALLY??

The purpose of this letter is to inform you that you need to change the end in the book. You see Mr. Sparks after leaving the movie theatre my heart was happy. All was well with the world, and I again was Savannah and my Love Channing Tatum... I mean John Tyree were back to that good place in life.

So needless to say, you might want to think long and hard about collecting all the books you have distributed throughout the world and changing the end for the better good of the world...


Thank You ~

Melissa Bird

Channing Tatum's #1 Fan

2 comments:

Lindsey and Jared said...

LOL. I Love it! Although I do have to correct one thing you wrote....sorry Melissa I am Channing's #1 fan! ;)

Amalia Cutts said...

AMEN!