Thursday, March 25, 2010

LIVE YOUR BEST LIFE . . .

WHY are WE constantly looking over our fences into what we THINK is GREENER pastures??
WHY can't we just be happy with the LIFE we are LIVING??
I am SICK and TIRED of people wanting what other people have...
Oh, you think MY life is perfect, and if you just had THIS or THAT you would be happy . . . huh??
Why can't we just accept what our father in Heaven has given us? This includes our trials. Why can't we take the BAD with the GOOD??
I was watching Dr. Phil the other day (yes I am going to "Go All Dr. Phil on you) and he brought up a GREAT point. There was a lady who was having trouble dealing with the problems she was facing. Some of these problems are things she COULD solve, but CHOSE not too. She would rather live her life ANGRY and UPSET at those around her who have what SHE THINKS she wants. I know I do not always live by this rule, but I am going to TRY to live by it...

ONLY WORRY ABOUT THE THINGS YOU CAN CONTROL!!!

Simple RIGHT?? Only if you think about that with every trial you come across . . .
Take me for instance. My husband is unemployed... I can not control that. However, I can control the kids when he is "working at finding a job at home", I can also control the things I say to him. Rather than being an angry, mean wife that he is not working; I reasure him EVERY day that he is a GREAT provider. This will be a short time in our life that we will get through. I can control my support to be positive not negative. I can control my prayers and fasting to help us . . .

Take your current TRIAL or PROBLEM . . .
FOCUS on the things you CAN control, everything else you have to just LET GO! Heavenly Father BLESSES us with trials. We were put here on the earth just for that purpose. If we are letting these trials and tests get the better of us guess who is winning? 
GET CONTROL and LIVE YOUR BEST LIFE! ~


2 comments:

melissa campbell said...

Amen! I 100 percent agree with you!

Lindsey and Jared said...

Okay, so I TOTALLY needed to hear this today. Not because I am a person who looks for greener grass, but because I have all sorts of anxiety over things I can't control right now! Jared graduated, we're moving and he needs a JOB! LOL. All I can do is focus on what I can control. I need to let the other stress and anxiety go!! LOVE YOU