Saturday, March 13, 2010

Soccer Game THREE

This weekend my in-laws came to Fresno for a little visit. This was the first time they were seeing our new house. When Matt invited them, he let them know we had a Ward Soccer Game. They decided to go to the game and see what this Soccer Business was all about. After a nice visit, BOMB lunch at Subway ($5.00 Footlong anyone) we headed to the field.
WHEN did it get SO windy?? I had started getting that tickle in my throat, and my nose was running. We got to the field and were IMMEDIETLY freezing!! We had invited alot of friends to come and play or see the game, and I was worried no one would want to stay. Matt's parents lasted the first half which was nice, then they headed home.
We were scheduled to play Clovis 2nd Ward. Our good friends The Bakers are in that ward, and we were excited to play eachother. I had invited Amber Cluff to come out and play, and Megan Cluff wanted to come out and see the game. We all used to be in the Gettysburg Ward together, so they wanted to see the Baker vs. Bird game for sure! Lauren Baker sat out the game, and so did Matt, so it was really Spencer vs. Me. He played goalie for his team, he hates all the running involved in Soccer, so I think that is why he played there. Before the game both teams were out on the field. They did not have any girls to play, and were short a player. We had two subs and five girls. ( you have to have three girls on the playing field at all times) So we won by default in the beginning, but played anyway. I think they thought they had the upper hand, but after the first half a few were complaining about being down a player. They had more men out on the field, but one less person than us. I really wish we could just play a fun easy going game, but MEN and their PRIDE... it always shows up somehow...
At one point in the game the other team was trying to catch our forewards off sides. The ref was not in a position to see, but they would CALL OFFSIDES themselves EVERY time and stop playing. After about two times of them making their own calls, I finally said " Hey, you don't get to make the calls... you are not the ref, there was not whistle, Play On..." I tend to get a little upset when our advantage is taken away from us. After I said that Number 10 (YES I AM CALLING YOU OUT) got in my face and said " You can't call the game either." " Oh, really, I am not trying to... I'm trying to get a game going here." was my reply. " We'll I'm just saying my opinion. He was off sides." was his reply.  " Really YOUR opinion, you can't call the game." was my response. We went back and forth for a little while longer. The ref just stood there not knowing what to do. " You are just upset that you can't hang with a team that has girls." is what I said to him as I walked away. " Oh, really we are down a player." was his response..... HAHA! Oh well then, you TOTALLY deserve to be able to call your game because you have NO girls on your team and you are down ONE player... IDIOT!
One of their players got hurt, so one of our guyes played for their team, it was then that they actually had some game.... WHY do guyes get SO upset about a game?? I mean I get upset when things are not called fair, but I don't get my panties all in a bunch...
This is what I SHOULD have done... introduced his face to the ball! ~
In the words of my little brother Preston " Drop your purse and MAN UP!" I hate baby boys who want to "cry wolf" when things don't go their way. BOO HOO... we were down a player... Oh yeah... well next time bring your whole team with girls and we will beat you fair and square... 
Quit being such BABIES! ~
Thanks to those who came to watch and came to play! It was fun seeing a few Mormon Boys SQUIRM...

1 comment:

Lindsey and Jared said...

Hahahahahaha! You crack me up!