Friday, September 5, 2008

And there was CALM ~

Have you ever heard the expression "The water was like Glass......" Yeah, neither had I until I married into the Bird Family who are AVID boaters! And this expression is not one that we would be able to say very often......
This is glassy water. I have to admit I have seen more calm water than this, but in Sept. on the Delta, this is pretty nice.... needless to say we ALL took advantage of the water yesterday!! There were not any boats around us until we started going down the channel, we passed 2 other Wakeboarding boats the whole time out, and that never happens. There is usually like 10!!! This is why you go out on the week day nights! ~
Matt was the first to ride, and I know the picture is not a good one of him... but I was trying to show how nice the water around us was. Matt was so stoked to be out in these conditions ~
Oh yeah, this is me! No one ever said Pregnant Women have to sit out on wakeboarding! Hey, if the weather and water is good; I'm down for a ride! So this is me and Landon out on the water. 5 months pregnant and still having a blast! Can you tell I am prego???
Sometimes we just like to anchor and swim around the boat. Hailey is not usually fond of being in open water, but after we got her used to the water temp she went to Grandpa and was out having fun with everyone else! This is Grandma Bird, Matt, Grandpa Bird and Little Hailey. Mommy was in the boat taking these pictures. (You can only pull yourself back up onto a boat so many times when you are pregnant.... its a WORKOUT I tell you!)
And this is a classic! Hailey LOVES to drive the boat, and Grandpa is so gracious to let her. We are so lucky to be staying in Stockton with family when we can jump out on the Delta any day we please! We look forward to getting our boat fixed so we can get in some good quality time this summer on it! We are "working out the kinks" as Matt puts it. It was such a perfect day for getting out on the water! Glad we did! ~

2 comments:

Sara Marie said...

Fun!! Look at you wakeboarding in all your preggo-ness!! I love you! I love the picture with Matt and mom and dad Bird in the water with Hailey!! So cute! And by the way, have I mentioned I am dying to get out there on my board?!?!?!

SuzQuez said...

It looks fun. Hailey's a water bug already, I can tell. Kristen, Eric, and Camie are moving to Mesa, AZ today to sell Pinnacle security systems until Christmas. Kristen's due with #2 a year after Camie--the end of February!

Love,

Suz