Monday, September 8, 2008

Storytime ~


Downtown Stockton does have GREAT events that I was NOT privy too before meeting Chrishna. She is a parent of 2 that goes to Grandma and Grandpa Bird's ward. She lives like 10 houses down from where we are staying, and she is my motivation to get out and have fun!

I am a "home body" if you will. I like to just relax at home and keep to myself. Especially now that baby Landon is on the way (did I ever post that baby two is a BOY???) I am even more content to lay around the house while Hailey and I play and have fun!

I have wanted to "expand my horizons" and find more recreational activities I can do with Hailey. We like to go to the park, go shopping at the Mall or Target, go on walks around the neighborhood, jump on the trampoline, LOTS of stuff. But I have not really gone outside my little shell to really experience something different.

Chrishna called us yesterday and asked if I would like to go to Storytime at the Downtown Library. After hearing that it ended before Hailey's usual nap time I thought WHY NOT? I need to get out, and she offered to pick us up, so I can't get lost or anything!!

It was fun! Hailey got to see a new environment, and participate in dancing singing, storytime, coloring and playing! I am VERY glad that we took the time to head to the Library! I need to find things like this where we move to and make sure to go often! Glad I got off my home butt and went out for Hailey's sake! ~

3 comments:

The Jensens said...

Yay a boy!!!! Finally, someone to carry on the Bird name....lol. I'm glad you guys are going to be in town. We don't have anything planned. I tried to get John to let us go to the football game but he hasn't done anything to get us there. We are probably just going to be chillin' like normal...call us!

Sara Marie said...

She reads just like auntie Sara...with the book upside down! ha

Sara Marie said...

Hey, I just got your note about how I know when people update their blog. Well, if you look at my page you will see that under each name there is a time stamp. To set that up you need to switch your friends list from being a "link list" to a "blog list". From one blond to another I know this might be confusing...I can help you when you come over!! And also, we need to change your blog background to somethin' a little more happenin’ Bird! :) I found the perfect "bird" background for you!! xoxo